Like Tree289Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th August 2017, 08:29 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Spoilers!

I loved the moment when Sansa completely flipped the script for the trial by adding "Lord Baelish" to the end of a sentence, leading to Littlefinger completely crumbling. Arya slitting his throat with his own dagger was a great touch. That was one of many "punch the air" moments.

I was eagerly anticipating the meeting between all of the major characters in King's Landing and that definitely didn't disappoint, from Dany arriving (late) with her dragons to unleashing the wight on a stunned Cersei and the intense moments between Cersei and Tyrion and then Cersei and Jaimie, the events there are going to be worth re-watching several times.

The 'trial' part already established the episode was going to do something of significance with Bran, so when Sam and Gilly rolled into town enabling them to put two pieces of the puzzle together and definitively establish Jon Snow's parentage was like Google meeting Wikipedia. Having that intercut with a bit of auntie-nephew incestuous intercourse was beautifully done and very impactful.

However, the filmmakers definitely saved the biggest spectacle until the end, so having Viserion, with the Night King on his back, blasting the wall to pieces with blue fire was astonishing to watch.
Rik and Justin101 like this.
Old 29th August 2017, 08:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Can see the wall being compromised now they've got a dragon, either next week or at the start of next season

Called it
Justin101 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th August 2017, 08:41 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Also, really good episode for Sandor, with a couple of lovely moments, one with Brienne about Arya alluding to how she no longer needs protection, and another with his brother ("even uglier than me now"), setting up for an unmissable fight to the death between the Clegane brothers next season.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 29th August 2017, 06:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Great episode.
The highlight for me was the Lord Baelish trial. Totally unexpected.
Old 29th August 2017, 06:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Great episode.

The highlight for me was the Lord Baelish trial. Totally unexpected.

That was the part of the episode I accidentally spoiled for myself searching for something else last week, so it wasn't a surprise for me, pretty gutted too because I would have been thinking Arya was in trouble instead
Justin101 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th August 2017, 07:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That was the part of the episode I accidentally spoiled for myself searching for something else last week, so it wasn't a surprise for me, pretty gutted too because I would have been thinking Arya was in trouble instead
I was going through all sorts of permutations for Arya, including wondering if Jon Snow would be called as a witness and her asking for trial by combat and being told it wasn't allowed any more, so was completely blindsided when Sansa turned her head and finished the question with "Lord Baelish".
Old 29th August 2017, 07:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I was going through all sorts of permutations for Arya, including wondering if Jon Snow would be called as a witness and her asking for trial by combat and being told it wasn't allowed any more, so was completely blindsided when Sansa turned her head and finished the question with "Lord Baelish".

Yeah, the good thing about the spoiler I saw was that it only said Littlefinger died, not how or by who, so seeing Arya do it with his own dagger was great
Old 29th August 2017, 07:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

For a moment there, I thought Ser Gregor was going to kill Jaime. That was quite tense.
Old 29th August 2017, 07:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
For a moment there, I thought Ser Gregor was going to kill Jaime. That was quite tense.

Nah, he's gotta stay alive to kill Cersei
Justin101 likes this.
Old 29th August 2017, 07:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
You're not the only one. I figured Cersei had spared Tyrion so there was no way she was going 0/2 in the murder stakes. As he was walking away I remembered Nikolaj Coster Waldau had talked about finishing filming season eight, so he must survive this episode.

Like this? Share it using the links below!