Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th February 2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 436854)
As always on Monday morning's, after I've watched the latest episode of The Walking Dead, I check out the reviews on IMDb for that episode, and read the recap, discussion and comments on the Skybound website (TWD publishers).
I'm absolutely disgusted with what I've just read, which I can't describe here, because it will spoil both the show and comics for people, but needless to say I don't think (and certainly hope) that any members would agree with the disgusting remarks written!

There really are some truly awful, small minded people on the internet!

Edit: Also on their Facebook page!

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 436857)
I avoid The Walking Dead page on FB after they gave away the mid season finale before I'd seen it. How come you watch it on a Monday morning Rik?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 436859)
Yeah, I only check out the pages once I've watched the show because of that, I was fuming when that happened!

I'm impatient, so I do something I'm not allowed to talk about on here every Monday morning. I usually watch it again on FOX when it's shown later, providing it's been an episode worthy of a second viewing so close together.

I now know what you were talking about, and bigotry like that in this day and age is appalling, especially considering much more graphic and potentially gratuitous examples in shows like True Blood, The Sopranos and Six Fit Under, with Queer As Folk The L Word really going without saying.

wayfarer 5th March 2015 12:15 PM

I get the impression that those who make the sort of comments that you're talking about, above, are likely to be watching the show just for the gore and horror. I doubt they were expecting a same sex relationship to be shown within the show unless it was girl/girl; which would be ok in their view ;-)

Anyway, back to the TWD discussion, proper. I doubt that a Governor-esque (you know the one, comic book fans) will turn up this season. I reckon that the season finale will involve events hinted at in the final scene of the last episode. The division between good guys and bad guys will blur significantly (not a spoiler just my take).

Rik 5th March 2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 438178)

Anyway, back to the TWD discussion, proper. I doubt that a Governor-esque (you know the one, comic book fans) will turn up this season. I reckon that the season finale will involve events hinted at in the final scene of the last episode. The division between good guys and bad guys will blur significantly (not a spoiler just my take).

That's my take on it too :nod:

wayfarer 27th March 2015 09:44 AM

Who's ready for the 90 minutes season 5 finale? Who's going to "buy the farm" this time around, I wonder...

Roughale 27th March 2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 441729)
Who's ready for the 90 minutes season 5 finale? Who's going to "buy the farm" this time around, I wonder...

Don't expect too much, well, on the time side, because 90 minutes includes commercials, the real time for the episode is said to be 65 minutes...

Rik 27th March 2015 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 441729)

I'm trying not to think about it too much, but I suspect it's gonna play out fairly similar to the comics (like the end of the last episode), but with certain roles reversed.

Edit: Spoiler tags not working for some people, probably because of Tapatalk I would imagine, sorry guys :)

Nordicdusk 27th March 2015 10:02 AM

I have fallen behind a bit I still have to watch the last two episodes before the finale I might catch up after work. A guy my girlfriend works with is up to date with the comic keeps telling her things that happen she is going to kill him I hate people like that.

wayfarer 27th March 2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughale (Post 441733)
Don't expect too much, well, on the time side, because 90 minutes includes commercials, the real time for the episode is said to be 65 minutes...

Yeah, that's more like it ;)

wayfarer 27th March 2015 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 441734)
I'm trying not to think about it too much, but I suspect it's gonna play out fairly similar to the comics (like the end of the last episode), but with certain roles reversed.

SPOILER:
I think Pete will kill Reg Monroe, trying to kill Rick (who will kill him in retaliation), Nicholas will try kill Glen with Rick's stolen gun and Darryl and Aaron will run into loads of trouble with the Wolves AKA The Saviours, with the cliffhanger being the zombie hurd breaking down the walls and a quick shot of a hand containing Lucille (:pray::pray:)

I'll be interested to see how close you've got.

Rik 27th March 2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 441737)
I'll be interested to see how close you've got.

I think the last part in my spoiler is highly unlikely, wishful thinking really :lol: