Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

trebor8273 30th December 2014 07:16 PM

Finished second season of millennium and first season of highlander. Enjoyed both, thought the second series of millennium was better than the first, do t get me wrong it's still great but was something about this season, might of been the more intresting stories or the more supernatural twist. The episode about the Devils was probally my favourite, can't wait to start the third. Highlander is very good a lot better than the vast majority of the movies, which to be honest isn't hard. Said before Adrian Paul is a better highlander than lambert. Thanks largely to his martial arts and swordsmanship, his acting is a bit wooden to begin with but improves in leaps and bounds as the show goes on, something that can't be said about Lambets acting ablity.

With getting the final season of Star Trek the next genertation on blu for Xmas have decided to watch the show from the begining

keirarts 31st December 2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 429996)
Finished second season of millennium and first season of highlander.

Season 2 of Millennium is my personal favourite. I really like the episode with the dogs.

trebor8273 31st December 2014 07:37 PM

Started season three of millennium but sadly it doesn't seem as good as the first two.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st December 2014 07:44 PM

Six episodes through the third season – Coven – of American Horror Story, which is distinctly 'meh' so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCcZqcPOlNM

The season is by far the best so far.

Gigantor 31st December 2014 09:03 PM

Getting back into AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAKSHOW

platostotal 31st December 2014 10:42 PM

Caught a few episodes of the re-mastered Star Trek (original) on CBS Action, they were from season 3, what seems to always draw a giggle from me is James Doohan's hair, can't remember Scotty having a teddy-boy style barnet, when he runs on it sets me off.

keirarts 31st December 2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 430105)
Started season three of millennium but sadly it doesn't seem as good as the first two.

Stick with it, it has some good episodes. Season 3 has a lot more humour than the first two. Overall its a much more uneven series that is really hindered by its off again on again status. The third season still has some great episodes including an almost perfect send up of Scientology.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th January 2015 08:38 PM

Currently watching HTV's Robin of Sherwood courtesy of Network's Blu-ray set.

A trip down nostalgia lane for me in many respects as my dad purchased the set on VHS based solely on his love of Clannad who did the theme music, and my brother and I used to spend many enjoyable hours watching it and re-watching it when we were younger. For me, under Carpenter's writing,with Praed's portrayal of Robin, and a solid supporting cast, this is the definitive Robin Hood experience which cannot be bettered. I also love the ritualistic overtones, what with sorcery, paganism, folklore and witchcraft being prominent themes throughout the series; albeit put across in a more TV friendly way.

Rik 7th January 2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 430813)

Loved that show as a kid!

This weekend, me and my other half decided to give True Detective another go (we gave up after a couple of episodes when it was originally aired), ended up watching the entire series over the two days, followed by the entire first series of Broadchurch on Monday, ready for the new series which began on Monday night.
Two fantastic detective shows, which judging by our viewing habits this weekend, proved to be highly addictive!

Now, I'm currently starting on the Friends Blu Ray boxset that she bought me for Xmas, despite seeing every episode loads of times, I'm loving watching them in HD for the first time :)

Make Them Die Slowly 7th January 2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 430813)

A trip down nostalgia lane for me in many respects as my dad purchased the set on VHS based solely on his love of Clannad who did the theme music, and my brother and I used to spend many enjoyable hours watching it and re-watching it when we were younger. For me, under Carpenter's writing,with Praed's portrayal of Robin, and a solid supporting cast, this is the definitive Robin Hood experience which cannot be bettered. I also love the ritualistic overtones, what with sorcery, paganism, folklore and witchcraft being prominent themes throughout the series; albeit put across in a more TV friendly way.

I love RoS, it was Wyrd England's last stand.