Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

SharonLynette 23rd August 2015 06:00 PM

Now has anyone watched Ripper Street? or Penny Dreadful? Anything good to say about them?

Demoncrat 24th August 2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 460220)
Now has anyone watched Ripper Street? or Penny Dreadful? Anything good to say about them?

Penny Dreadful. It's set a few folks teeth on edge (in my circle anyhow) but I like it. I'd rather recommend The Strain though, RS can't comment on.

iank 24th August 2015 09:34 PM

I saw the first episode or so of both but neither really did much for me, to be honest.

J Harker 24th August 2015 09:51 PM

First episode of Ripper Street weren't bad. Second was dull as dishwater so i never bothered again. Penny Dreadful seems ok but I've only watched the first 3 or 4 episodes.

SharonLynette 24th August 2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 460289)
Penny Dreadful. It's set a few folks teeth on edge (in my circle anyhow) but I like it. I'd rather recommend The Strain though, RS can't comment on.

I meant to watch The Strain when it was first shown, they led up to it for months with adverts then just before I completely forgot about it until it was too late to record the first episode. I noticed the second series is due out so I must be able to get to see the first season, thank you for reminding me!!!

Make Them Die Slowly 25th August 2015 11:36 AM

I quite liked the first series of Ripper Street. It had a grubby violence that appealed to me. Also, the singing soldier who isn't a fisherman was quite a revelation on the acting front.

SharonLynette 25th August 2015 10:22 PM

I really should maybe try those new shows mentioned but I've just started Tales of the Unexpected again which will really have an influence on my dance moves next time I hit the dance floor.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th August 2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharonLynette (Post 460412)
I really should maybe try those new shows mentioned but I've just started Tales of the Unexpected again which will really have an influence on my dance moves next time I hit the dance floor.

I'm currenly in the middle of that particular mammoth box set myself. :nod:

My dancing shoes have remained safely locked away thus far though. ;)

iank 26th August 2015 08:05 AM

The Bill: Hat Trick. Boulton and Skase investigate an assault on a cab driver/amateur football player. This is a very funny episode, thanks largely to Boulton's disdainful, disgusted bewilderment at the seriousness which some people treat the game.
BOULTON (on football): A bunch of prats in shorts running around in front of a bunch of prats in scarves. :pound:

iank 29th August 2015 08:13 AM

Kolchak: The Trevi Collection. Black magic meets haute couture! High-fliers in high fashion are dying in decidedly peculiar ways, and Kolchak begins to suspect that witchcraft is at work in this very entertaining episode.