Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th October 2016, 11:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

first episode of season two of legends of tomorrow. well that was a blast and if this episodes is anything to go by its going to be a vast improvement over the first and out of this, arrow and flash at the moment this one looks like it could be the best of the bunch
keirarts likes this.
Old 15th October 2016, 09:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

The X Files: Badlaa. Deep Roy, already iconic to cult TV fans as the murderous ventriloquist's dummy Mr Sin in the Tom Baker Doctor Who classic The Talons of Weng-Chiang, gets to be evil in another sci-fi horror fave as a murderous fakir whose lack of legs is more than made up for with his mental powers in this excellent episode. This is one of my fave episodes of season 8, even if the plot is a bit obscure (I'm no more sure than Scully and Doggett why he's targetting the people he is, unless he's just lashing out at Americans with happy families in entirely random acts of vengeance, which is perfectly possible I guess) but it's just so damn creepy and weird and scary I don't care!
It's not every day you can watch a midget pull themselves out of a corpse on Scully's autopsy table, even on this show!
Old 16th October 2016, 11:51 AM
Cult Acolyte

WESTWORLD S1 EP2.
A much better episode I thought. This has similarities to the film as two guests arrive, one having been to Westworld before.
Some good scenes here especially when one of the Hosts wakes up on an operating table.
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th October 2016, 12:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Onto season 4 of The Mentalist, which remains good, even if not reaching the heights of the first 2 seasons which were great. Also started on The Ghost Whisperer which i feared was a 'chick flick' in tv form. Well, it isn't quite and has some moments that are a little unsettling, so i'll stick with it through season 1 and see whether i fancy continuing from there.
keirarts likes this.
Old 16th October 2016, 03:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
WESTWORLD S1 EP2.
A much better episode I thought. This has similarities to the film as two guests arrive, one having been to Westworld before.
Some good scenes here especially when one of the Hosts wakes up on an operating table.
I've loved both episodes, could be something special, although I have doubts about its longevity.
Dave Boy likes this.
Old 16th October 2016, 06:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Finished the sixth, and final season, of justified for the second time. The final six episodes are up there with anything.

It may not have the sociological undertones of The Wire, it may not have the pathos of Mad Men, but Jesus, it's entertaining. Elmore Leonard would be proud.

One of the most underrated shows of all time.

Last edited by Frankenhooker; 16th October 2016 at 07:06 PM.
Old 16th October 2016, 08:41 PM
Cult Master

I am currently watching the Stand Up To Cancer version of 'The Crystal Maze'

Its for a very good cause, but all they seem to have done is taken an episode from the original series with Richard O'Brien and re-shot it scene-for-scene and word-for-word. It is a real feeling of deja vu!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th October 2016, 09:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: Warm Bodies (Parts 1 & 2). Investigating seemingly separate incidents - an apparently deliberate hit and run and a brutal assault outside a nightclub - DS John Boulton and DS Claire Stanton soon begin to believe the crimes are connected, but their collaboration on the increasingly dangerous investigation has a somewhat unexpected side effect when their relationship begins to change from professional into something considerably more personal. But there's something about Claire Stanton that neither John nor anyone else at Sun Hill is aware of... This gripping 2 parter drops one hell of a dramatic bombshell on the audience, with the revelation that the quiet and unassuming Claire Stanton, who slipped unobtrusively into Sun Hill six months earlier, is actually an undercover CIB officer, planted at the station for the sole purpose of spying on, and gathering evidence of the corrupt activities of, one DS Don Beech. It's a fantastic, jaw-dropping twist, and one that serves notice that the long-simmering Beech corruption storyline is reaching boiling point...
Oh, and I love that the codename of Claire's (male) CIB contact/boss is "Mother", in a clear nod to 60s British cult spy series The Avengers!
MacBlayne, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 17th October 2016, 06:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Westworld episode 3

Just as good as the first two.

Ash vs the evil dead. Episode 3 season 2.

While not as gory or quite as good as the first two its still a lot of fun, with ted rami being introduced as a old friend of Ash. Was really not expecting the ending which leaves you think WTF.
keirarts and Dave Boy like this.
Old 17th October 2016, 08:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Just watched Ash v Evil Dead S2 EP3.
Yeah, another great episode and that ending......did not see that coming

Like this? Share it using the links below!