Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th March 2014 01:28 PM

Saw the two part CSI season five finale Grave Danger last night. Superb stuff, well written and directed by Quentin Tarantino. Probably his most gripping piece of film making to date.

Handyman Joe 12th March 2014 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 396245)
Me and the other half watched, and really enjoyed the first episode, but turned off the second after about half an hour due to boredom. I've told her we need to give it another try because I'm hearing nothing but outstanding praise for it, so we're gonna try again this weekend :nod:

Trust me the momentum picks up pretty sharpish - you won't be bored for long. Having said that even in the slow stretches I find myself transfixed by something or other, must be some weird Bayou hypnosis.

antmumford 13th March 2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 396251)
Unfortunately Sky Atlantic isn't on the Virgin Media package, so I can't. I'll have to wait until it's released on Blu-ray.

Or you could always get Nowtv on your PS3 (if you have one) for 4.99 a month and watch it on that :-)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th March 2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 396541)
Or you could always get Nowtv on your PS3 (if you have one) for 4.99 a month and watch it on that :-)

I'll look into that – thanks.

antmumford 14th March 2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 396557)
I'll look into that – thanks.

No probs mate, just doing the same myself tbh. Primarily for Modern Family mind ;)

Vipp 14th March 2014 10:22 PM

Does anybody rate the Hannibal series? I like Thomas Harris and even had space for Hannibal Rising in my collection but im still unsure about the Hannibal TV Show. I have made it to episode 2 again in the last week or so but tend to get side tracked by other programs then i go back to the beginning. I guess i see Hannibal as Hopkins and always struggled with Bran Cox's version of Lecter too, that might be my problem? It would be great to hear what you guys thought of it if you have managed to watch a few episodes.

Still also enjoying the Walking Dead but that's for another thread. :)

Rik 14th March 2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 396730)
Does anybody rate the Hannibal series? I like Thomas Harris and even had space for Hannibal Rising in my collection but im still unsure about the Hannibal TV Show. I have made it to episode 2 again in the last week or so but tend to get side tracked by other programs then i go back to the beginning. I guess i see Hannibal as Hopkins and always struggled with Bran Cox's version of Lecter too, that might be my problem? It would be great to hear what you guys thought of it if you have managed to watch a few episodes.

I think I lasted until either the 4th or 5th episode before I lost interest. I do intend on picking up the boxset when I find it cheap and giving it another shot, but I'm in no great rush tbh.

As for TWD, still my favourite show at the minute :nod:

Vipp 14th March 2014 10:30 PM

TWD is brilliant Rik, I really want to know what Terminus will be like.

Rik 14th March 2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 396735)
TWD is brilliant Rik, I really want to know what Terminus will be like.

Yeah, me too :nod:

J Harker 14th March 2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipp (Post 396730)

I managed to get to about episode 6 or 7 I think before I gave up. Just didn't come together for me I'm afraid. Will Graham was weirder than necessary and Mads Mickelson whilst I've liked him in other things had absolute zero charisma in the title role.