Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 28th August 2014 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 415642)
Yeah, I never used to be one for TV but recently it has become much more diverse and adventurous when compared to mainstream cinema.

That does seem to be the case, sadly.

trebor8273 31st August 2014 08:38 PM

Just finished first season of twin peaks. Just amazing I really do forget how great this show is until I rewatch it. Also it looks stunning on blu ray. I really do think this is my favourite series of all time. 10/10 a true classic perfect in nearly every way.

Rik 31st August 2014 08:42 PM

Currently watching Blackadder Goes Forth on Dave (the channel, I'm not sat on someone called Dave!), not seen it in years but I still remember every line and joke :lol:

Hawkmonger 2nd September 2014 09:45 AM

Tried cracking into Game of Thrones. First two episodes are really hard going. Don't think i'll bother with the rest.

Rik 2nd September 2014 11:39 AM

Is that because it's not a cartoon? :tongue1:

trebor8273 2nd September 2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 416039)
Tried cracking into Game of Thrones. First two episodes are really hard going. Don't think i'll bother with the rest.

I would give it another go it's fantastic and unlike a lot of shows the quality does not drop as it goes on. For me one of the best shows out at the moment especially now breaking bad has ended

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 416039)

There are so many plot threads, characters, character arcs and narrative arcs throughout each season and the overall (yet to be concluded) series, it will probably take you at least half of the first season to figure out all the places and characters and how they relate to one another.

Also, bear in mind most characters don't let their true allegiances and intentions be known as there is a high degree of secrecy and politics at play, so it isn't something you can watch with your mind on something else.

As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the best shows on television and I can't wait until the new season starts.

Hawkmonger 2nd September 2014 05:52 PM

I just found it so dense. Masses of dialogue and very little else happening, so whenever something did happen I found it hard to link what segment of dialogue it was supposed to convey. In a word, bewildering.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd September 2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 416085)
I just found it so dense. Masses of dialogue and very little else happening, so whenever something did happen I found it hard to link what segment of dialogue it was supposed to convey. In a word, bewildering.

It's that quality of writing and intrigue which it such a great TV show.

Hawkmonger 2nd September 2014 06:08 PM

I can get into a conversation fine enough, but when it's 95% of the episode? To much dialogue for me. It's a silly sword and sorcery series, have some fun!