Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13846Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2015, 11:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I really want to watch The Returned, never seen it, love the soundtrack by Mogwai and all the images and stills I've seen from the show look great, I'm just never finding the time for it

Currently starting the X-Files from episode 1 after getting the entire series for last Christmas haha, that's how behind in my watch pile I am.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th October 2015, 10:58 PM
Active Cultist

I watched the 'scream' TV series on Netflix. I was expecting it to be rubbish but was pleasantly surprised, think it captured the spirit of the films quite well. It has all the annoying hallmarks of today's Starbucks generation TV but I think it really works in its favour. A guilty pleasure and looking forward to season 2.
Old 8th October 2015, 11:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The Returned returning!! Ahem. This French series held me right to the end of the first, so am v glad about this
Been wating for this to come back on for ages such a great show where nothing realy happens its slow but gripping and keeps you interested because of how its potrade made directed etc etc. And shows you dont need to relie on lots of action violence gore cgi and the likes!! You just need a good story with good atmopshere.
iank likes this.
Old 9th October 2015, 12:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Watching Angel season 4 again at the moment. I love this season, it's completely insane - by far Angels's best - but much like 24 it's a total pain in the arse as well because once you start, you can't stop! You never watch anything else while it's on, you're like, "I'll just watch the next one..."
JoshuaKaitlyn likes this.
Old 9th October 2015, 03:50 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Find out when The Returned series 2 will air on Channel 4 - The Returned News - Cult - Digital Spy

Typical americans done a remake of returned if flopped so didnt commision a series 2

Really no surprise there then.

Americans just cant help themselves remaking everything
Old 9th October 2015, 07:34 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Just finished NARCOS on Netflix, cracking series, very well acted, violent, sexy, political and great how they interlace actual historical footage of Pablo Escobar into it.

Glad they did not try and squeeze it into one season. Roll on season 2. Only 10 episodes a season is a bit short but works.

Wagner Moura who plays Pablo portrays a haunting sinister figure, gentle as a lamb one minute totally ruthless the next, mad as a box of frogs but power? wow!..... hard to believe this was true.
Zann likes this.
Old 9th October 2015, 07:37 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The Man in the High Castle, whole season coming to Amazon Prime Nov 20th. If anyone caught the pilot episode a while back I thought this looked fantastic. Based on the Philip K Dick book.
Old 9th October 2015, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've just started to get into Inspector Morse, having never viewing a single episode before my holiday this week I've fallen in love and picked up the complete box set. It will be much easier watching it without all those blooming adverts on ITV3. The theme tune at the end is so haunting and atmospheric. However tonight I'll be starting Jonathan Creek again.

Whilst away I also watched a few episode of Taxi, I loved it as a kid and it has to have one of my all time favourite TV themes, it's so relaxing and calming.
Old 9th October 2015, 09:31 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

SCREAM. Oddly annoying yet very likable TV slasher series that is weird mixture of nasty sub plots, surface gloss and some nice kills. The self awareness of genre and this being a spin off is played to absurd levels at times that will either irritate the f#ck out of the viewer or warm them to it's faults.
Old 12th October 2015, 09:26 AM
Cult Acolyte

Finished my latest run of Angel season 4. Y'know, I'm not the biggest fan of Angel in general - overall, I vastly prefer Buffy - but season 4 may well be one of my favourite seasons of any television show. It's completely OTT, magnificently epic - a deranged supernatural apocalyptic version of 24 - and the final run of the arc, with "Jasmine", the Goddess who takes everyone who sees her or hears her voice under her thrall and who sets out to bring Peace on Earth, albeit at the complete expense of free will, is one of the most batshit insane things I've ever seen on television. I love this season to bits.

Like this? Share it using the links below!