Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

darthelvis 21st August 2012 10:11 AM

Likewise, great spot Baseball Fury!:clap:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st August 2012 10:59 AM

According to XE.com using the latest exchange rate, it costs £14.80 without postage, so I hope the Canadian dollar stays stable against the pound (or makes it cheaper) until it's released as it will be a bugger if currency fluctuations don't the price up by 25p giving HMRC the chance to charge us all an extra three quid plus the £8 handling fee.

Baseball Fury 21st August 2012 11:23 AM

That's why I went for expedited shipping, as I believe the tax is calculated and included in the price?

Refused 21st August 2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 267504)
That's why I went for expedited shipping, as I believe the tax is calculated and included in the price?

Nope, it's not. You're only paying for the quicker shipping option.

antmumford 21st August 2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 267504)

amazon.ca don't pay for custom duties and tax, they state that it's entirely the customers responsibility

Baseball Fury 21st August 2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 267508)
amazon.ca don't pay for custom duties and tax, they state that it's entirely the customers responsibility

Aah, cock. I thought it was the same as the US one!

Hope the value stays under £15 then!

PaulD 21st August 2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 267498)
According to XE.com using the latest exchange rate, it costs £14.80 without postage, so I hope the Canadian dollar stays stable against the pound (or makes it cheaper) until it's released as it will be a bugger if currency fluctuations don't the price up by 25p giving HMRC the chance to charge us all an extra three quid plus the £8 handling fee.

I always forget this so just to confirm, customs charges apply solely to the value of the good and not the P&P? If so, I'm putting an order in and crossing my fingers until October (will set myself a reminder a week before the release date to check the rates again)

Baseball Fury 21st August 2012 12:25 PM

If I remember correctly, £15 is the limit and only covers the value of the goods, however if you go over that, the VAT charge is calculated against the TOTAL value.

Refused 21st August 2012 12:33 PM

Surely it's only the value of the goods that you get charged for? As that's what is declared on the package.

the blob 21st August 2012 12:37 PM

It's all liable once the £15 is exceeded, postage as well. Hmm.. What to do. I already have the briefcase!