Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Rob4 23rd April 2019 03:27 PM

Arrow Easter Sale has been extended to 30th April

Justin101 30th April 2019 10:04 AM

Warner Archives are reduced in price over at WowHD, not sure how long for, that last Olive Films sale only lasted for 2 days!

https://www.wowhd.co.uk/search?mod=S...ves&ft=Blu-ray

Rob4 30th April 2019 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 602609)
Warner Archives are reduced in price over at WowHD, not sure how long for, that last Olive Films sale only lasted for 2 days!

https://www.wowhd.co.uk/search?mod=S...ves&ft=Blu-ray

Justin, to avoid the tax, do you put in a series of individual orders straightaway (e.g. order a single disk, put it through checkout, and then order another single disk etc, etc), or do you you wait for a dispatch notice before putting in the next order (which is what I have been doing)?

monkeypedro 30th April 2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 602624)
Justin, to avoid the tax, do you put in a series of individual orders straightaway (e.g. order a single disk, put it through checkout, and then order another single disk etc, etc), or do you you wait for a dispatch notice before putting in the next order (which is what I have been doing)?

I normally order individual orders under £15 straight away if only ordering a couple of titles as they post out each order individually and so far haven't had an issue.

Justin101 30th April 2019 03:57 PM

Yeah I just do multiple orders at the same time, they’re all treated as separate and not bundled together!

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th April 2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 602626)
Yeah I just do multiple orders at the same time, they’re all treated as separate and not bundled together!

I once, just once, had them all bundled together. After that i waited for the dispatch email before ordering if i went over the VAT threshold.

Rob4 1st May 2019 04:37 PM

Eureka are doing a 'Weimar' sale

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/promotions/weimar-sale/

Justin101 10th May 2019 12:00 PM

Signal One are having a sale!

https://signaloneentertainment.com/catalogue/

£5.99 for BDs and £1.99 for DVDs
Firestarter is £7.99

Nostalgic 10th May 2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 603131)
Signal One are having a sale!

https://signaloneentertainment.com/catalogue/

£5.99 for BDs and £1.99 for DVDs
Firestarter is £7.99

Compulsion & kiss of death ordered!

Justin101 15th May 2019 11:34 AM

The X-Men 8 film collection on BD is currently only £10.19, it's out of stock but due in within a week or so.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/X-Men-Colle...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I've only got First Class on disc and kept meaning to buy the others so this is a good bargain for me at least :) even if Apocalypse was a bit rubbish...

Nostalgic 18th May 2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 603133)
Compulsion & kiss of death ordered!

So how long do signal one take to dispatch? Been a while since i ordered, money taken but no dispatch confirmation yet

g053584398 18th May 2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 603624)
So how long do signal one take to dispatch? Been a while since i ordered, money taken but no dispatch confirmation yet

I was wondering that myself.

monkeypedro 18th May 2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 603624)

This message was posted on Facebook on Wednesday.

Hello Everyone, thanks for all the support on this recent promotion. It’s taking me a bit by surprise and wiped me out of the stock I have here at my home office. I have more stock on the way and hope to have all orders dispatched by tomorrow/Friday.

As some of you know I run Signal one by myself so Thanks again for the support and patience 😁

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th May 2019 06:56 PM

BFI Bank Holiday Box Set Sale over on their site.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 31st May 2019 06:45 AM

Zoom Day offers.

Featuring some Criterion BDs at £9.99, 2 UHDs for £20, DVDs from £3, BDs from £4, and various Box Set offers.

Susan Foreman 31st May 2019 05:57 PM

At time of writing, Zoom has got the complete Chucky 7 movie collection for £24.99

Susan Foreman 4th June 2019 05:34 AM

At time of writing, Zavvi has got the complete 'Ash Vs. Evil Dead' series 1 - 3 blu-ray for £17.99, with free postage when you use the code ACFREE

Justin101 16th August 2019 04:33 PM

If you don't already have the 8 film Bluray collection of Friday The 13th, now's your chance, it's a fantastic steal at £14.39 on WowHD. I don't expect it'll stay so cheap for long.

https://www.wowhd.co.uk/friday-the-1...n/032429302267

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd September 2019 06:22 PM

Polanski's What? is a fiver from Classic Films Direct until Sept 9th.

https://www.classicfilmsdirect.com/p...-16262-87097-0

Demdike@Cult Labs 31st October 2019 05:51 PM

Psychomania (bfi) is currently £6.79 on Amazon.

It's out of stock but i'm sure it won't be long before more come in so it's worth ordering and waiting a few days at that price.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Psychomania...FBSG2D72Y7V2G3

Susan Foreman 21st February 2020 07:07 AM

At time of writing, the eBay / The Entertainment Store has got the 8 disc 'Stanley Kubrick: Visionary Filmmaker Collection' for £16.45

"The Stanley Kubrick: Visionary Filmmaker Collection on Blu-ray is an unprecedented 7-film, 8-disc collection. The collection features the film and bonus content from A Clockwork Orange 40th Anniversary Edition, the Blu-ray debuts of Lolita and Barry Lyndon, as well as the feature films 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, and Eyes Wide Shut.

A Clockwork Orange 40th Anniversary Edition

Causing major controversy when first released, the film garnered four Academy Award nominations--Best Picture, Best Director, Best Film Editing and Best Screenplay--and is #4 on AFI's Top 10 List of Best Science Fiction films of all-time.
  • Feature Film
  • New Bonus Features
  • Malcolm McDowell Looks Back: Malcolm McDowell reflects on his experience working with legendary director Stanley Kubrick on one of the seminal films of the 1970s
  • Turning Like Clockwork considers the film's ultra-violence and its cultural impact
Plus
  • Commentary by Malcolm McDowell and historian Nick Redman
  • Documentary Still Tickin': The Return of Clockwork Orange
  • Great Bolshy Yarblockos!: Making A Clockwork Orange
  • Theatrical Trailer

Lolita (1962)

Humbert, a divorced British professor of French literature, travels to small-town America for a teaching position. He allows himself to be swept into a relationship with Charlotte Haze, his widowed and sexually famished landlady, whom he marries in order that he might pursue the woman's 14-year-old flirtatious daughter, Lolita, with whom he has fallen hopelessly in love, but whose affections shall be thwarted by a devious trickster named Clare Quilty.

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Stanley Kubrick's dazzling, Academy Award®-winning achievement (Special Visual Effects) is an allegorical puzzle on the evolution of man and a compelling drama of man vs. machine. Featuring a stunning meld of music and motion, the film was also Oscar®-nominated for Best Director, Art Direction and Writing. Kubrick (who co-wrote the screenplay with Arthur C. Clarke) first visits the prehistoric age-ancestry past, then leaps millennia (via one of the most mind-blowing jump cuts ever) into colonized space, and ultimately whisks astronaut Bowman (Keir Dullea) into uncharted space, perhaps even into immortality.

Special Features:
  • Commentary by Keir Dullea and Gary Lockwood
  • Documentary 2001: The Making of a Myth
  • Standing on the Shoulders of Kubrick: The Legacy of 2001
  • Vision of a Future Passed: The Prophecy of 2001
  • What Is Out There?
  • 2001: A Space Odyssey Conceptual Artwork
  • Look: Stanley Kubrick!
  • Audio-only Bonus: 1966 Kubrick Interview Conducted by Jeremy Bernstein

Barry Lyndon (1975)

Redmond Barry (Ryan O'Neal) is a young, roguish Irishman who's determined, in any way, to make a life for himself as a wealthy nobleman. Enlisting in the British Army and fighting in Europe's Seven Years War, Barry deserts, then joins the Prussian army, gets promoted to the rank of a spy, and becomes a pupil to a Chevalier and con artist/gambler. Barry then lies, dupes, duels and seduces his way up the social ladder, entering into a lustful but loveless marriage to a wealthy countess named Lady Lyndon. He takes the name of Barry Lyndon, settles in England with wealth and power beyond his wildest dreams, before eventually falling into ruin.

The Shining (1980)

From a script he co-adapted from the Stephen King novel, Kubrick melds vivid performances, menacing settings, dreamlike tracking shots and shock after shock into a milestone of the macabre. The Shining is the director's epic tale of a man in a snowbound hotel descending into murderous delusions. In a signature role, Jack Nicholson ("Heeeere's Johnny!") stars as Jack Torrance, who's come to the elegant, isolated Overlook Hotel as off-season caretaker with his wife (Shelley Duvall) and son (Danny Lloyd).

Special Features:
  • Commentary by Steadicam inventor/operator Garrett Brown and historian John Baxter
  • Vivian Kubrick's Documentary The Making of the Shining with Optional Commentary
  • View from the Overlook: Crafting The Shining
  • The Visions of Stanley Kubrick and Wendy Carlos, Composer

Full Metal Jacket (1987)

A superb ensemble falls in for Stanley Kubrick's brilliant saga about the Vietnam War and the dehumanizing process that turns people into trained killers. The scathing indictment of a film was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Screenplay. Joker (Matthew Modine), Animal Mother (Adam Baldwin), Gomer (Vincent D'Onofrio), Eightball (Dorian Harewood) and Cowboy (Arliss Howard) are some of the Marine recruits experiencing boot-camp hell under the punishing command of the foul-mouthed Sergeant Hartman (R. Lee Ermy). The action is savage, the story unsparing, and the dialogue is spiked with scathing humor.

Special Features:
  • Commentary by Adam Baldwin, Vincent D'Onofrio, R. Lee Ermey and critic/screenwriter Jay Cocks
  • Full Metal Jacket: Between Good and Evil

Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

Kubrick's daring and controversial last film is a bracing psychosexual journey through a haunting dreamscape, a riveting suspense tale and a career milestone for stars Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman. Cruise plays a doctor who plunges into an erotic foray that threatens his marriage - and may ensnare him in a murder mystery--after his wife's (Kidman) admission of sexual longings. As the story sweeps from doubt and fear to self-discovery and reconciliation, Kubrick orchestrates it with masterful flourishes. His graceful tracking shots, rich colors and startling images are some of the bravura traits that show Kubrick as a filmmaker for the ages.

Special Features:
  • Three-Part Documentary: The Last Movie: Stanley Kubrick and Eyes Wide Shut
  • The Haven/Mission Control,
  • Artificial Intelligence or The Writer Robot,
  • EWS: A Film by Stanley Kubrick

Other Features
  • Lost Kubrick: The Unfinished Films of Stanley Kubrick
  • Interview Gallery Featuring Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman and Steven Spielberg
  • Kubrick's 1998 Directors Guild of America D.W. Griffith Award acceptance speech

Bonus Disc
  • Jan Harland Documentaries: A Life in Pictures and O Lucky Man"

Susan Foreman 10th March 2020 02:09 PM

At time of writing, Amazon UK has got the 2-disc 'Midsommar: Director's Cut' Blu-Ray for £7:00

"Dani and Christian are a young American couple with a relationship on the brink of falling apart. But after a family tragedy keeps them together, a grieving Dani invites herself to join Christian and his friends on a trip to a once-in-a-lifetime midsummer festival in a remote Swedish village. What begins as a carefree summer holiday in a land of eternal sunlight takes a sinister turn when the insular villagers invite their guests to partake in festivities that render the pastoral paradise increasingly unnerving and viscerally disturbing. From the visionary mind of Ari Aster comes a dread-soaked cinematic fairytale where a world of darkness unfolds in broad daylight."

DISC ONE
  • The Film (Director's Cut) - 170:15
DISC TWO
  • The Film (Theatrical Cut) - 147:05
  • Let the Festivities Begin: Manifesting Midsommar

Susan Foreman 10th June 2020 09:55 AM

At time of writing, Amazon UK has got the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray of 'XXX: The Return Of Xander Cage' for £3.49

"Vin Diesel stars in this action sequel directed by D.J. Caruso. After being left for dead, government agent Xander Cage (Diesel) resurfaces with handler Augustus Eugene Gibbons (Samuel L. Jackson) tasked with recovering a powerful new weapon known as Pandora's Box. The weapon, which has the ability to control every military satellite in the world, has fallen into the hands of a deadly group of terrorists led by the notorious Xiang (Donnie Yen). Recruiting a crack team of thrill-seekers to help him with his mission, Cage soon finds himself embroiled in a conspiracy that leads right to the highest echelons of global governance. The cast also includes Deepika Padukone, Tony Jaa, Ruby Rose and Toni Collette. "

J Harker 15th June 2020 07:55 AM

I don't know if they're bargains as such but the Vestron blu ray releases are all at £10 on Amazon at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Susan Foreman 1st July 2020 06:40 AM

At time of writing, Amazon UK has got the 7-disc "Police Academy - The Complete Collection" for £15.99

"Collection of all seven films from the highly successful comedy series. In 'Police Academy' (1984), a new mayor offers a motley crew of misfits the chance to oil the wheels of justice when he lifts the restrictions that normally apply for recruiting new members to the police force. The academy has the onerous task of knocking them into law-enforcing shape.

'Police Academy 2 - Their First Assignment' (1985) sees six of the inept recruits being transferred to another precinct, where the lieutenant's promotion depends on them flunking their training course. They also face trouble on the streets in the form of a gang of sociopaths, led by a psychobabbling lunatic.

In 'Police Academy 3 - Back in Training' (1986), the police budget is being cut, so one of the two training academies faces the chop. It's up to the former graduates of Commandant Lassard (George Gaynes)'s academy to save their old training ground.

In 'Police Academy 4 - Citizens On Patrol' (1987), our rookie cops try to involve the local community in order to prevent crime. However, their efforts are thwarted by Captain Harris (G. W. Bailey) who is determined to scupper the plans of the group which has caused him so much trouble in the past.

'Police Academy 5 - Assignment Miami Beach' (1988) sees Commandant Lassard finally reach retirement age. The whole gang fly down to Miami to watch him receive an award. The only problem is that he's picked up the wrong bag at the airport and is now in possession of some stolen diamonds belonging to a bunch of crooks.

In 'Police Academy 6 - City Under Siege' (1989), a criminal holds the city to ransom by masterminding a spate of burglaries and fraud. To make matters worse, the rookie cops have a plan to stop him.

'Police Academy 7 - Mission to Moscow' (1994) sees the fabled police team helping out in post-Soviet Union Russia. The Russians have a problem on their hands when Mafia godfather Konali (Ron Perlman) hatches a plan to control the entire world via an addictive computer game. The fate of the planet lies in the police academy's hands, much to the planet's concern... "

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st July 2020 06:24 PM

There are a few BFI dual format releases sold by Amazon for £7.99 including Eye of the Needle and The Kenneth Anger Magick Lantern Cycle (which i just ordered).

The Anger release isn't normally in promotions and is usually into the teens of pounds.

Justin101 21st July 2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 630731)
There are a few BFI dual format releases sold by Amazon for £7.99 including Eye of the Needle and The Kenneth Anger Magick Lantern Cycle (which i just ordered).

The Anger release isn't normally in promotions and is usually into the teens of pounds.

I think I picked up Kenneth Anger in Fopp for £6 back when they had those deals, but it was a rare find indeed! As you say it's not normally on offer. I actually thought it was OOP but obviously not! Enjoy Scorpio Rising. :cool:

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st July 2020 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 630734)
I think I picked up Kenneth Anger in Fopp for £6 back when they had those deals, but it was a rare find indeed! As you say it's not normally on offer. I actually thought it was OOP but obviously not! Enjoy Scorpio Rising. :cool:

Cheers :thumb:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st July 2020 08:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Make sure you've the required goods Dem.....;)

Rob4 12th August 2020 06:55 PM

Signal One sale (now Patriot Films)

https://patriotfilms.co.uk/shop

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 12th August 2020 07:35 PM

They've actually an impressive wee range there.Hope they're back in the limelight soon.:nod:

Rob4 1st September 2020 08:25 PM

Kino, Criterion and Flicker Alley all cheaper than normal on WOWHD at present time. Maybe more but those are the labels I know about.

Rob4 21st September 2020 06:45 PM

Indicator sale - use 30OFF code

https://www.zavvi.com/offers/indepen...b78eacb0f9c2ef

EDIT: I'll wait for the October site sale as this is not that good tbh

Susan Foreman 23rd September 2020 03:51 PM

At time of writing, Amazon UK has got the 2018 Blu-ray of 'Tomb Raider' for £4:20

"Lara Croft (Alicia Vikander) is the independent daughter of an eccentric adventurer who mysteriously vanished when she was a teen. Determined to forge her own path, she refuses to take the reins of her father’s global empire just as she rejects the idea that he’s truly gone. Against her father’s final wishes, Lara leaves everything she knows behind in search of her dad’s last-known destination: a fabled tomb on a mythical island. Her mission will not be easy; just reaching the island will be extremely treacherous. Against all odds and armed with only her sharp mind, blind faith and inherently stubborn spirit, she must learn to push herself beyond her limits as she journeys into the unknown. If she survives this perilous adventure, she could earn the name Tomb Raider."

Special features:
  • Tomb Raider: Uncovered
  • Croft Training
  • Breaking Down the Rapids
  • Lara Croft: Evolution of an Icon

Rob4 10th October 2020 03:38 PM

Classic Films Direct are having a Halloween Sale. Limited number of titles but the prices are pretty good.

https://www.classicfilmsdirect.com/s...-18481-96215-0

gag 10th October 2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 637361)
Classic Films Direct are having a Halloween Sale. Limited number of titles but the prices are pretty good.

Blu ray death laid a egg £4 sadly none in stock :nono:

Some good films there.

wongfeihung62 10th October 2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Dammit. You just made me spend £36.00 :)

MrBarlow 10th October 2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Wow sharknado at a decent price can I stand the excitement :pound: looks like some sneaky buying may happen soon, as Angie had laid down some :rules: that Mr. B. has to follow if he wants a peaceful happy life :lol:

Justin101 10th October 2020 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 637383)
Wow sharknado at a decent price can I stand the excitement :pound: looks like some sneaky buying may happen soon, as Angie had laid down some :rules: that Mr. B. has to follow if he wants a peaceful happy life :lol:

I wondering how I can get the Scream Factory F13 set in the apartment without being noticed :lol: I need to lay low on other purchases for a while haha.

nosferatu42 10th October 2020 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 637384)
I wondering how I can get the Scream Factory F13 set in the apartment without being noticed :lol: I need to lay low on other purchases for a while haha.

Something like this i imagine.;)