Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

nosferatu42 10th October 2020 07:51 PM

I live on my own but i still get a guilt trip when a new package turns up.:pop2:

MrBarlow 10th October 2020 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 637384)
I wondering how I can get the Scream Factory F13 set in the apartment without being noticed :lol: I need to lay low on other purchases for a while haha.

This may sound nasty, this has worked for me a few times and hopefully you don't share a joint account, tell your other half you won it in a competition, but don't over do it as woman can get suspicious very quickly.

MrBarlow 10th October 2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 637395)
I live on my own but i still get a guilt trip when a new package turns up.:pop2:

No harm in treating yourself once in a while Nos

Justin101 10th October 2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 637404)
This may sound nasty, this has worked for me a few times and hopefully you don't share a joint account, tell your other half you won it in a competition, but don't over do it as woman can get suspicious very quickly.

I'm thinking that honesty is the best way to go with this one, it's huge and 'won it' won't fly haha. We've come to an agreement that's it's ok if it's something that will sell out or its on a boutique label and will retain value. I think it falls into both categories this time haha.

MrBarlow 10th October 2020 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 637406)
I'm thinking that honesty is the best way to go with this one, it's huge and 'won it' won't fly haha. We've come to an agreement that's it's ok if it's something that will sell out or its on a boutique label and will retain value. I think it falls into both categories this time haha.

Honesty is the best policy that's something we live by in our household from time to time, even some days when I been on nights and woke up during the day I get from my other half "treated myself to somethings" that one does work as well at times :lol:

nosferatu42 10th October 2020 09:49 PM

Well i've got another guilt trip ahead in a few days, i just ordered a bundle from the sale, was gonna get less, then it would have had a £9 postage charge so i gave in and rounded it up to just past £35 to get the free postage, so got an extra few films for about £5 extra.:cool:

It's all stuff i was thinking of getting at some point anyway.:woot:

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th October 2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 637406)

How will something with more faults than California retain it's value?

Graveyard 10th October 2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 637438)
How will something with more faults than California retain it's value?

:pound:
:whip:

Btw a couple of Bruce Lee movies on amazon for £5

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And a couple of Rollin movies bought, thanks for the heads up :)

MrBarlow 10th October 2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 637425)
Well i've got another guilt trip ahead in a few days, i just ordered a bundle from the sale, was gonna get less, then it would have had a £9 postage charge so i gave in and rounded it up to just past £35 to get the free postage, so got an extra few films for about £5 extra.:cool:

It's all stuff i was thinking of getting at some point anyway.:woot:

You ain't the only one that's got a guilt trip spend on the way, The Survivor though has sold out...dam it.

nosferatu42 10th October 2020 10:41 PM

I watched The Survivor earlier this year and thought it was pants, didn't help that i'd just read the book though.
So you're not missing much.:pop2:

MrBarlow 10th October 2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 637445)
I watched The Survivor earlier this year and thought it was pants, didn't help that i'd just read the book though.
So you're not missing much.:pop2:

I had seen it before, I read the book then saw the film, the film changed things around a bit I thought it was ok , it was to be a gift for Angie as she likes James Herbert and had never seen the film and also a peace offering for the spending I have been doing so just trying to keep one foot out of the grave with her :lol:

Rob4 12th October 2020 06:37 PM

At the time of writing there is a limited time deal on Amazon for They Live bluray at £7.99

J Harker 12th October 2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 637361)
Classic Films Direct are having a Halloween Sale. Limited number of titles but the prices are pretty good.

https://www.classicfilmsdirect.com/s...-18481-96215-0

For once there is a good number of titles in stock. Pity their pathetic damned website won't actually work.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Susan Foreman 13th October 2020 06:33 AM

At time of writing, Amazon UK has got the 9 disc 'Christopher Nolan Collection' for £25.11

Inception - 2 Disc
Run Time: 148 Mins. Approx.
Aspect ratio: 16x9 2.4:1
Audio: Master Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital: Castilian Spanish 5.1, English 5.1 Audio Descriptive Service
Subtitles: English, Castilian Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish

Special Features:
  • Extraction mode- Infiltrate the movies imaginative landscape to learn how Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio and the cast and crew designed and achieved the films signature moments
  • Dreams: Cinema of the subconscious- Can the dream world be a fully functional parallel reality? Joseph Gordan-Levitt and leading scientists take you to the cutting edge of dream research
  • Inception: the cobol job- comic prologue in full animation and motion: see the events that led to the beginning of the movie
  • 5.1 soundtrack selections from Hans Zimmer's versatile score

Memento - 1 Disc
Run Time: TBC
Aspect ratio: TBC
Audio: TBC
Subtitles: TBC

The Prestige - 1 Disc
Run Time: 130 Mins. Approx.
Aspect ratio: 16x9 2.4:1
Audio: Dolby Digital: English 5.1, Castilian Spanish 5.1, French 5.1, German 5.1,
English 2.0 Audio Descriptive Service
Subtitles: English, German, French, Castilian Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish & Finnish

Special Features:
  • Director's Notebook: The Prestige -The Cinematic Sleight of Hand of Christopher Nolan:
  • 5 Making-of Featurettes
  • The Art of The Prestige: Production Photos, Costumes/Sets, Behind-the-Scenes Photos and Poster
  • Art Galleries
  • Theatrical Trailer

Batman Begins - 1 Disc
Audio: Dolby true HD: English 5.1, Dolby Digital: English 5.1, Castilian Spanish 5.1, French 5.1, German 5.1, Italian 5.1
Aspect Ratio: 16X9
Run Time: 140 Mins. Approx.
Subtitles: English, Castilian Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

Extra Content:
  • The Dark Knight IMAX Prologue
  • Tankman Begins
  • Batman- the journey begins
  • Shaping Mind and Body
  • Gotham City Rises
  • Cape and Cowl
  • Batman- The Tumbler
  • Path to Discovery
  • Saving Gotham City
  • Genesis of the Bat
  • Reflections on Writing Batman Begins
  • Digital Batman
  • Batman Begins Stunts

The Dark Knight - 2 Discs
Audio: Dolby true HD: English 5.1. Dolby digital: English 5.1, Brazilian portugeuse 5.1, Castilian Spanish 5.1, French 5.1, German 5.1, Italian 5.1, English 2.0, Audio descriptive service.
Aspect Ratio: 16X9
Run Time: 153 Mins. Approx.
Subtitles: English, Brazilian Portuguese, Castilian Spanish, Complex Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

Extra Content:
  • Gotham uncovered
  • Batman tech
  • Batman Unmasked
  • Gotham Tonight
  • The Galleries

The Dark Knight Rises - 2 Discs
Audio: Thai (5.1 DD), Castilian Spanish (5.1 DD), Japanese (5.1 DD), Italian (5.1 DD), German (5.1 DD), French (5.1 DD), English (5.1 ASDA), English (2.0 NF DD), English (5.1 NF DTS-HDMA)
Aspect Ratio: 16X9 FF
Run Time: 164 Mins. Approx.
Subtitles: German, French, Dutch, Chinese complex, Cantonese, Bahasa - Indonesia, German SDH, Italian, Italian SDH, Japanese, Korean, Castilian Spanish, Thai, Dannish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, French, English SDH

Extra Content:
  • The Batmobile- Witness all five Batmobiles together for the first time in history. Dive deep into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring pinnacle of technology as the most awe-inspiring weapon in Birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon.
  • The Prologue: High-Altitude Hijacking- Production - Ending the Knight- See how Christopher Nolan and his filmmaking team staged the film's high-flying opening sequence
  • Return to the Batcave- Production - Witness the reconstruction of the Batcave with time-lapse photography
  • Beneath Gotham- Director Christopher Nolan and the production designers discuss the design and build of Bane's lair.
  • The Bat Pod - Director Christopher Nolan gives Batman a new mode of transportation in The Dark Knight Rises.
  • Batman vs Bane- The filmmakers and actors reveal how they planned and shot the epic fight sequence between Batman and Bane.
  • Armory Accepted- See how special effects and a miniature unit were used to simulate the demolition drop of the Tumbler through the ceiling
  • Gameday Destruction -The filmmakers describe the production plan that went into executing the jaw-dropping demolition sequence at Gotham Stadium
  • Demolishing a City Street- Learn how a series of practical special effects were used to simulate the complete destruction of a city street
  • The Pit -The filmmakers explain the design and construction of two giant, vertical sets: the underground prison and the well
  • The Chant- Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer discuss the creation of the chant that formed the basis of the score's
  • The War on Wall Street- Get a glimpse behind the coordination and production of the epic battle for Gotham City
  • Race to the Reactor - Watch how the filmmakers orchestrated the film's climactic chase sequence with multiple Tumblers and the Batpod
  • The Journey of The Dark Knight- Get insight into story and thematic choices that structured the final chapter of Bruce Wayne's journey as Batman. Supported by interviews with CN, Jonah Nolan, David Goyer
  • Gotham's Reckoning- The filmmakers reflect on their reinvention of Bane and all the elements that went into making him Batman's most lethal and his wardrobe.
  • A Girls Gotta Eat- The filmmakers discuss the challenge of bringing an iconic character to life, detailing the acting choices, fashion, training and her tactical-ego of Catwoman.
  • Shadows & Light in Large Format- Discover the philosophy and methodology of capturing The Dark Knight Rises on the grand canvas of ImaxTM film.
  • The End of A Legend- The filmmakers give their final thoughts on working on The Dark Knight Rises and what it was like to be a part of.
  • Trailer Archive

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th October 2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 637614)
For once there is a good number of titles in stock. Pity their pathetic damned website won't actually work.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's working now JH.....Just bought....

Gwendoline Blu-Ray
The Deadly Bees (Blu-ray)
Attack of the Adult Babies (Blu-Ray)
The Asphyx (Blu-ray)
Baskin (Blu-ray)
The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
I Bought A Vampire Motorcycle (Blu-ray)
The Whip and The Body Blu-ray
Repulsion (Blu-Ray)

All for 49 quid with free p&p! :clap::woot:

gag 14th October 2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 637748)

Gwendoline Blu-Ray
The Asphyx (Blu-ray)
Baskin (Blu-ray)
Repulsion (Blu-Ray)

I don’t watch Emmerdale but was amused when I saw who directed attack of the adult babies, it was who plays paddy.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 637751)
I don’t watch Emmerdale but was amused when I saw who directed attack of the adult babies, it was who plays paddy.

I think that's at least his third horror film. The zombie film he made in West Yorkshire was pretty decent. Low budget but decent.

J Harker 14th October 2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 637748)

Gwendoline Blu-Ray

The Asphyx (Blu-ray)

Baskin (Blu-ray)

Repulsion (Blu-Ray)

Nah. Piece of junk website still won't work. Won't let me login to my account. Even when i click forgot password it sends me my password then tells me its wrong. And if i try checking out as a guest with paypal it wants to add £10 on.
Won't even let me make a new account or even send them an email. No matter what i try it tells me i need to enter a valid email address.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 637758)
Nah. Piece of junk website still won't work. Won't let me login to my account. Even when i click forgot password it sends me my password then tells me its wrong. And if i try checking out as a guest with paypal it wants to add £10 on.
Won't even let me make a new account or even send them an email. No matter what i try it tells me i need to enter a valid email address.

I've never had any issues with it. Their low stocks always piss me off though as i'm nowhere near getting free postage and don't want to keep having to pay £1.50 postage on separate items over the coming days.

Rob4 15th October 2020 04:34 PM

Does anyone know what's going on with WOWHD? Stacks and stacks of unavailable titles and where there is stock prices have been hiked considerably. I know Covid will be having an impact but I not sure that's the whole answer?

g053584398 15th October 2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 637786)
Does anyone know what's going on with WOWHD? Stacks and stacks of unavailable titles and where there is stock prices have been hiked considerably. I know Covid will be having an impact but I not sure that's the whole answer?

I've noticed that too recently. Their prices do seem to fluctuate regularly, so it may not be anything to be too concerned about. As for out of stock items, up until recently I've never seen such a large number of titles affected. It would be interesting to know what's going on, and I hope that it isn't anything serious.

Justin101 16th October 2020 08:21 AM

Someone on blurage got a reply from Wow about the price increases. They have said that the cost of shipping in the US has gone up so much they had no choice but to increase the prices across the board.

Not the best news ever, couple that with the fact that come January our measly £15 VAT threshold on imports is being scrapped so we will have the VAT applied on every order.

Rob4 16th October 2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 637826)
Someone on blurage got a reply from Wow about the price increases. They have said that the cost of shipping in the US has gone up so much they had no choice but to increase the prices across the board.

Not the best news ever, couple that with the fact that come January our measly £15 VAT threshold on imports is being scrapped so we will have the VAT applied on every order.

That's disappointing as its unlikely that much will fall below the £15 threshold now. It doesn't explain why so much is unavailable though?

I saw somewhere the £15 VAT threshold has been extended to July 31st. Hopefully that info is correct.

Rob4 16th October 2020 08:53 AM

Has anyone dealt with ImportCDs? They have a Halloween sale at the moment but unlike WOW their prices are in dollars and when I add a product to the basket it doesn't seem to add VAT whatever the cost is? Most of the online information appears to be negative in regard to their customer services.

Justin101 16th October 2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 637828)
That's disappointing as its unlikely that much will fall below the £15 threshold now. It doesn't explain why so much is unavailable though?

I saw somewhere the £15 VAT threshold has been extended to July 31st. Hopefully that info is correct.

I believe the official word is EU countries is the end of July (due to Covid delays) but since we left, it's still January for us :(

Doesn't explain the low stock levels, but it's not just them affected Amazon.com has a lot of items unavailable, perhaps there are supply issues generally in the US at the moment?

I ordered Sleepaway Camp from Wow at the start of the month, it was out of stock for ages, but I put an email alert on it, came back in and was only £10.20, surprisingly low for a Scream Factory, bought it and it was out of stock again the next day!

Rob4 17th October 2020 09:16 AM

Has anybody used the $175 free international shipping option on the Vinegar Syndrome site?

By my estimation it would mean a package of 8-9 discs which obviously become more noticeable by customs. Anyone used them and had customs charges?

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th February 2021 05:56 PM

Music Magpie are selling Signal One blu's for £5.59 NEW.

Unfortunately you can't search the site by company name but you can go to the S1 website and see what you fancy then type the movie name in on Music Magpie.

gag 29th March 2021 01:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don’t know what this goes for but Just seen someone post this and saying it’s down in price,

https://www.rarewaves.com/products/5...oE_tXl4YuXL7J8

The Young Master Deluxe Limited Edition (With Slipcase, Poster and Book) - BLU-RAY

£13.39

Justin101 29th March 2021 01:11 PM

£25 that one, so that is a good price, I bought it 2 weeks ago...

However, Rarewaves tend to over sell their stock so you might get an order cancellation and a refund.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th March 2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 648836)
I don’t know what this goes for but Just seen someone post this and saying it’s down in price,

https://www.rarewaves.com/products/5...oE_tXl4YuXL7J8

The Young Master Deluxe Limited Edition (With Slipcase, Poster and Book) - BLU-RAY

£13.39

I was interested in that but didn't want to spend £25 on it, so have just ordered it.

:thankingyou:

Graveyard 3rd April 2021 01:06 PM

If anyone wants Cruising for £7.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cruising-...MAAOSwCNVgXyiw

This guy is selling some bit's of his collection for pennies.. and because I can't buy everything.. :lol:

gag 3rd April 2021 02:01 PM

Serbian film blu ray collectors edition, 1day 10hrs left and so far its only £1.24

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Serbian-B...n/284239409102

gag 3rd April 2021 02:04 PM

The Ultimate Bourne Collection [Blu-ray] 3 films £3.49 free pp.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Ultim...kAAOSwfE1gMt-J

gag 3rd April 2021 02:18 PM

The pacific tv series blu ray £8.38 free pp

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Pacif...0AAOSwZ-9ftfcd

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th June 2021 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Amazon have the BFI's Legend of the Witches at £8.99.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Legend-Witc...7W6C8YDV&psc=1

It's out of stock but you can still order it at that price.

Looks like quite a few BFI releases are that £8-9 price including Symptoms, Cosh Boy, Requiem for a Village, That Kind of Girl, The Orchard End Murder... even my just reviewed Eye of the Needle.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th June 2021 08:33 AM

It's £13.95 now. :(

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st July 2021 05:01 PM

Has everyone used their £10 off voucher with Amazon for anything ordered from them at £25 and over?

The code is DISCOUNT10P and is available to the first 5000 customers who use it.

I ordered a Clint Eastwood western Blu-ray set comprising Unforgiven, Pale Rider and The Outlaw Josey Wales, plus blu's of L.A. Confidential and Arrow's Waterworld (2p cheaper than it is on Arrow's site :lol:)

g053584398 1st July 2021 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 655149)
Has everyone used their £10 off voucher with Amazon for anything ordered from them at £25 and over?

The code is DISCOUNT10P and is available to the first 5000 customers who use it.

I ordered a Clint Eastwood western Blu-ray set comprising Unforgiven, Pale Rider and The Outlaw Josey Wales, plus blu's of L.A. Confidential and Arrow's Waterworld (2p cheaper than it is on Arrow's site :lol:)

Much appreciated Dem!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd July 2021 10:30 AM

Sadly, it's not valid now, so those 5000 customers have used it this morning.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd July 2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 655278)
Sadly, it's not valid now, so those 5000 customers have used it this morning.

I posted it two days ago so wouldn't expect it to still be valid now.