Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

oaxaca 8th November 2011 06:58 AM

PULP FICTION steely has gone up to £35 today!!! I think we all got in there in time whether we paid 10 or 16 :p

oaxaca 8th November 2011 10:11 AM

If anyone uses quidco... HMV are doing a special 7% cashback rate this week on DVDs & BDs! That's a pretty sweet deal!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th November 2011 10:15 AM

That is a decent cashback from Quidco, so I might have a look at those BDs I've been meaning to buy for a while and see which are cheapest at HMV - thanks!

wayfarer 10th November 2011 07:26 AM

Scream 4: It must be bad, although I've ordered a copy. It's £4.99 on Blu-ray, through Play.com's daily deals. I can't post a link from here, but I'm assuming it's easy to order it through a normal visit to the site? I imagine most of you have subscribed to the Play newsletter and know about this anyway.:)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2011 08:18 AM

The UK BD is completely vanilla, which is why I bought the US one as it contains an audio commentary with Wes Craven and cast members, a making of, deleted scenes, a gag reel an alternate opening and extended ending.

I thought the film was one of the better sequels and, even without those extra features, is probably worth picking up for that price.

bdc 10th November 2011 08:25 AM

But...The UK got the PPV version of Scream 4!
UK Gets Scream 4 PPV Version On Blu-Ray | Scream-Trilogy

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 196575)
But...The UK got the PPV version of Scream 4!
UK Gets Scream 4 PPV Version On Blu-Ray | Scream-Trilogy

I forgot about that and it would be great to have in addition with both versions that, in the meantime, the only option is to buy both.

I've read through the breakdown of the differences and the time doesn't change, just some subtle variations in dialogue, off-camera lines and some omitted swearing. It is annoying, but not something which would steer me away from the bargain price purchase.

Who knows, maybe the fact the discs are going at this price is a sign of a better release to come -- fingers crossed, anyway!

nekromantik 10th November 2011 12:13 PM

At £5 i still would not buy a bare bones release.
I still cant see why anyone would pay more then £5 for that movie.
Sure it was better then Scream 3 but it was way behind parts 1 and 2.

antmumford 14th November 2011 11:53 AM

In case anyone is interested (as it's Christmas and all), Nightmare Before Christmas is only £5.99 for today only at play.com as part of their Mega Monday deal. I nabbed a copy as it's half the price of anywhere else online at the moment and have been wanting it for awhile. So much for no spending at al this year :doh:

platostotal 16th November 2011 04:44 PM

HMV have re-stocked the AB Blu of THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY and WITHNAIL & I for £3 each, skip the full price versions and find em in the bargain section, plenty in the Reading Oracle branch.