Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Trades & Deals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2010, 05:29 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
It's not Phantasm Nucleus are releasing, it's the ozploitation film Fantasm and it's sequel Fatasm Comes Again.
Sorry my Mistake it's just that the tiles sound the same.

Pete when are Nucleus releasing Fantasm and it's sequel. Also When are they releasing Night of the Bloody Apes as their Site doesn't say that they Have aquired the film even though Marc Morris Said they Had.
Old 1st November 2010, 06:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Picked up Invasion Earth: The Aliens Are Here today from my local Poundland. Despite the IMDB reviews, I found it to be a very good and enjoyable film!
Old 1st November 2010, 11:54 PM
Cultist

Oh dear gods! Time for a public service announcement. People, stay away from Invasion Earth! it is just terrible. I like bad movies I really do. I go out of my way to find the real stinkers but Invasion Earth is just garbage.

From my movie diary after rewatching it.
Quote:
There are many contenders for the title of The Worst Film Ever Made but Invasion Earth: The Aliens Are Here is my preferred candidate for the title. It's shit. To quote my own IMDb review:
Quote:
No matter how bad a movie is (and I have watched a LOT of bad movies recently) there is always some redeeming feature: a horrendously ill-written line, an idea that falls flat on its face, a moment of unintentional humour - something. There's always a little something that lifts it for a moment and leaves you with a warm nugget of discovery - something to hold on to as the rest of the mindless drivel flickers past your eyeballs... this movie's only redeeming feature is that it is just 78 minutes long.

It is crap. Pure unmitigated, grade Z, unadulterated, high-fibre, total shit from the hopelessly confused start to the pathetically flat non-ending.
A second viewing some four years later hasn't improved it in the slightest. The central gag of the movie is almost good enough pass muster. I can hear the pitch now: "Aliens take over a small movie house and splice together footage from old SF movies to hypnotise the audience into.... er... well, we'll work out why later. But how about it? It'll be cheap!" They got the money but never did work out the why. Most of the movie's running time is taken up with cheap clips from older (much more interesting) bad old movies (or, even cheaper, their trailers) intercut with 'comedic' moments of people falling over and accidentally throwing popcorn over each other, and fantastically absurd and badly handled attempts to parallel (parody?) the action in the old movie on the screen with action in the cinema house itself; near the start there is a particularly incomprehensible sequence which intercuts between footage from The Blob, in which the titular blob* takes over a movie house, and the aliens taking over the movie house in which the clip from The Blob is being shown. It doesn't work. I have no idea what it was supposed be doing. Whatever it was the movie makers thought they were doing here, they failed. This is not uncommon in bad movies but most of the time you have an idea what the makers were trying to do.

*Not a phrase you get to write that often.
Old 3rd November 2010, 06:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
I grabbed this lot from my local branch, which incedentally has only been open a couple of weeks!

When they was ringing them through the till the bottom four pictured were coming up as recalled and they wouldn't sell them to me, I asked if they could just ring some of the others again and they said no so I asked to talk to the manager, some scrawny supervisor came over, he went on to say they must have been recalled because they are faulty and said I couldn't have them, I then asked to speak to the real manager who happily sold them to me.

It's obvious why they were pulled from sale though, there's no certs on them

My poundland is generaly pants but i went into today and noticed all these but i didnt have any money on me so when payday comes i know what ill be buying nxt....incidently are any of them actualy any good ....
Old 3rd November 2010, 07:17 PM
Cultist

No. That's the fun of them.
Old 3rd November 2010, 07:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
No. That's the fun of them.
didnt think so
But for a quid you cant complain
But the artwork is very good tho
Old 3rd November 2010, 07:54 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
My poundland is generaly pants but i went into today and noticed all these but i didnt have any money on me so when payday comes i know what ill be buying nxt....incidently are any of them actualy any good ....
i have these and will put out of 5..

ATTACK OF CRAB MONSTERS - 3/5
ATTACK OF GIANT LEECHES - 2/5
PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE - 5/5
BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE - 3/5
THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD - 5/5
THE TERROR - 'Not watched yet'
FIEND WITHOUT A FACE - 5/5
PHANTOM FROM 10,000 LEAGUES - NOT SEEN
HORRORS OF SPIDER ISLAND - NOT SEEN

these are the ones ive seen but don't own

THE KILLER SHREWS - 3/5
WHITE ZOMBIE - 5/5
WASP WOMAN - 2/5

hope that helps...
Old 4th November 2010, 03:55 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Just a link to a post I've put up on the Cayman Classic Horror Collection thread, regarding getting help to finish my collection of these titles...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 12th November 2010, 05:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercrack View Post
Sorry my Mistake it's just that the tiles sound the same.

Pete when are Nucleus releasing Fantasm and it's sequel. Also When are they releasing Night of the Bloody Apes as their Site doesn't say that they Have aquired the film even though Marc Morris Said they Had.
No Idea, but you may want to import FANTASM as the UK release has been butchered by the bbfc:

Title « British Board of Film Classification

Old 12th November 2010, 05:39 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
No Idea, but you may want to import FANTASM as the UK release has been butchered by the bbfc:

Title « British Board of Film Classification

8 mins of cuts? Eh, no thanks!

Like this? Share it using the links below!