Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Trades & Deals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree500Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th July 2011, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

So far I've only picked up Mandy Lane and Trailer Park Of Terror. I'm really hoping I can pick up a copy of Pontypool before they disappear.
Old 21st July 2011, 04:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Just picked up Pontypool from the Burnley poundland this afternoon. It did seem to be the only copy unfortunately, and the only dvd worth buying to boot.
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:31 AM
Cultist

Here's the scene: I'm in Poundland in Dundee raking through the not very inspiring piles of DVDs (many of them reduced to 50p - that uninteresting) when I noticed that down behind the shelves was a pile of DVDs and CDs that had fallen through the gaps in the shelving and were lying in an unsorted heap on the floor, out of sight of the passing punters. I love unsorted heaps; can't resist them. You never know what you'll find in an unsorted heap. So I was instantly on my knees shoving aside piles of Fly Fishing Expert 23: How to Catch Bigger Perch with Angus McSomeone and pulling out long lost treasures - like lots of other Fly Fishing Expert DVDs and - Voyage of the Rock Aliens. Bingo! When I got to the till the guy behind the counter scanned my DVDs. Voyage of the Rock Aliens made the till make a funny noise. Instead of going 'beep!' as it had done with all the other discs, it went 'BeepityBeepety'... The till man looked at his till.
Quote:

Till Man:
Oh. This item has been withdrawn.

Me:
Why?

Till Man:
What?

Me:
Why has it been withdrawn?

Till Man:
No idea. Maybe it's been reported
as faulty or something.

Me:
I'll take the risk.

Till Man:
What?

Me:
I'll take the risk. If it doesn't work
I promise not to bring it back.

Till Man:
Ok.

Beep!
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

top man, let us know what the PQ is like. Beep.
Old 22nd July 2011, 10:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
Here's the scene: I'm in Poundland in Dundee raking through the not very inspiring piles of DVDs (many of them reduced to 50p - that uninteresting) when I noticed that down behind the shelves was a pile of DVDs and CDs that had fallen through the gaps in the shelving and were lying in an unsorted heap on the floor, out of sight of the passing punters. I love unsorted heaps; can't resist them. You never know what you'll find in an unsorted heap. So I was instantly on my knees shoving aside piles of Fly Fishing Expert 23: How to Catch Bigger Perch with Angus McSomeone and pulling out long lost treasures - like lots of other Fly Fishing Expert DVDs and - Voyage of the Rock Aliens. Bingo! When I got to the till the guy behind the counter scanned my DVDs. Voyage of the Rock Aliens made the till make a funny noise. Instead of going 'beep!' as it had done with all the other discs, it went 'BeepityBeepety'... The till man looked at his till.
Quote:

Till Man:
Oh. This item has been withdrawn.

Me:
Why?

Till Man:
What?

Me:
Why has it been withdrawn?

Till Man:
No idea. Maybe it's been reported
as faulty or something.

Me:
I'll take the risk.

Till Man:
What?

Me:
I'll take the risk. If it doesn't work

Till Man:
Ok.

Beep!
jam!! didnt you read my post btw???
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:54 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
Was it the
Quote:
Me: I'll take the risk. If it doesn't work
bit?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 22nd July 2011, 02:23 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
I hadn't. Small world.

And having watched it last night I think you should consider yourself lucky. It was painful viewing.
Old 22nd July 2011, 03:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
I hadn't. Small world.

And having watched it last night I think you should consider yourself lucky. It was painful viewing.
The moral of the story is - if Poundland say no, you can't have it, then believe them, its for a reason.
Old 22nd July 2011, 03:53 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I was just in Poundland and I can categorically say the one in Ipswich is interminably crap! Not even a sniff of a half decent or even a 'looks crap and probably will be' DVD.
Old 22nd July 2011, 03:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I was just in Poundland and I can categorically say the one in Ipswich is interminably crap! Not even a sniff of a half decent or even a 'looks crap and probably will be' DVD.
Same here, had nothing decent for months in my local one. No Pontypool or House of the Devil....nothing

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!