Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2011, 09:02 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Working my way through volume 5 slowly but surely, I just watched episode 139 and I'm totally hooked again on Prisoner. I had forgotten what a bloody good series this really was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23rd March 2011, 10:48 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Working my way through volume 5 slowly but surely, I just watched episode 139 and I'm totally hooked again on Prisoner. I had forgotten what a bloody good series this really was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did tell you. I totally sucks you in, doesn't it?
Old 4th April 2011, 07:17 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've seriously been slacking with volume 5 these last few weeks. Just had so much stuff to watch. Need to try and get some more episodes watched this week.
Old 4th April 2011, 08:11 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

My first taste of Prisoner was actually with Volume 5 very recently, and have to agree on it sucking you in. So much so that I moved straight onto Volume 6 afterwards.

Reading some of the comments on here, I've seen people mention that it wasn't the best season, but it still managed to keep me interested - not as much as the missus though, who has now developed a mild obsession with the show!
Old 5th April 2011, 06:44 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched a couple of episodes tonight after work, and hopefully get a few more watched. Good to See Kay White back where she belongs!
Old 16th April 2011, 07:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It seems I'm a little behind everyone else as I'm up to the final episode on disc six of this series. Considering the terrible acting, far from inspired direction and some generally badly written scripts, I'm hooked!
Old 18th April 2011, 09:21 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
It seems I'm a little behind everyone else as I'm up to the final episode on disc six of this series. Considering the terrible acting, far from inspired direction and some generally badly written scripts, I'm hooked!
Ooooo! I think you'll be taken to task on some of these comments Nos! I think the actors do a good job - this will have been fast filming in the days when TV was considered far more throwaway and you get some belting performances - Lizzie for one - she's a star!
Old 18th April 2011, 10:14 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Ooooo! I think you'll be taken to task on some of these comments Nos! I think the actors do a good job - this will have been fast filming in the days when TV was considered far more throwaway and you get some belting performances - Lizzie for one - she's a star!
I suppose it's true that this was probably considered fairly disposable at the time and it wasn't aiming for high art in the same way that modern shows like The Sopranos, The Wire and Six Feet under have with almost feature film budgets.

As regards the characters, it's quite strange how one can annoy me for a couple of episodes and then become quite sympathetic, depending how the story arc goes.
Old 18th April 2011, 11:43 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
I suppose it's true that this was probably considered fairly disposable at the time and it wasn't aiming for high art in the same way that modern shows like The Sopranos, The Wire and Six Feet under have with almost feature film budgets.

As regards the characters, it's quite strange how one can annoy me for a couple of episodes and then become quite sympathetic, depending how the story arc goes.
That's better... you might get to live but it'll be daggers from Bea!
Old 6th May 2011, 10:50 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:

Surely that's just you accepting Prisoner into your life and now you are praising it. Watch out, next it will be an episode a day and twice on sunday!

Like this? Share it using the links below!