Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > The VHS Vaults

Poll: Whch label next?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Whch label next?

Like Tree191Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th June 2019, 10:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I remember looking through little catalogues like that as a kid, but Iím sure they were from around 1987 because films like Robocop, Predator and the first 3 Elm Street films were in them, canít remember where they came from though
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th June 2019, 10:06 PM
Cult Addict

I used to get those from a local video shop i'm sure and pretty much read up on everything that was being released at the time.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 20th June 2019, 01:46 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
The catalogue I'm thinking of was approx 8'' x 3'' and was dark blue.
The latest release in were (I'm sure) WILD GEESE 2,RAZORBACK,CHILDREN OF THE CORN,THE DEAD ZONE and maybe BLOODBATH AT THE HOUSE OF DEATH.

I'm sure Almar from on here was going to pay a fortune on ebay for aone a few years back.....

Anyway-anyone remember these?
Or am I showing my age?
I think I'm showing my age by remembering them even The Karate Kid part 2 advertisement, the video shop we had in our area had a cardboard stand of it in the window
Old 20th June 2019, 06:59 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Canít have been for a video release because the footage wasnít officially released until 2004, I know it was planned but the band (*cough Steve Harris cough*) werenít happy with the quality of it due to it being too dark, so the idea was scrapped from pretty much the start.
Unless Iím mistaken that is, I was only 4 at the time and didnít become a fan until 1989

Edit: Video Pieces came out in 83, but that was released by PMI
All the artwork , promo , ads etc were done for the release and then it was pulled - i have seen reviews etc and alternate cover , but am looking for the cover with Eddie standing over Hammersmith Odeon / flyover which was advertised in Video catalogues etc back in early 1983 - might not just be in a Thorn EMI one could be in generic ones back then too.
This so far seems to be the rarest Derek Riggs artwork for Maiden.
The first official release of any of that footage was on the 12 Wasted Years video which came out in 1987, the full footage that was intended to be the 1983 release was as you say on the Early Days Part 1 release in 2004.
Old 20th June 2019, 07:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pml1970 View Post
All the artwork , promo , ads etc were done for the release and then it was pulled - i have seen reviews etc and alternate cover , but am looking for the cover with Eddie standing over Hammersmith Odeon / flyover which was advertised in Video catalogues etc back in early 1983 - might not just be in a Thorn EMI one could be in generic ones back then too.

This so far seems to be the rarest Derek Riggs artwork for Maiden.

The first official release of any of that footage was on the 12 Wasted Years video which came out in 1987, the full footage that was intended to be the 1983 release was as you say on the Early Days Part 1 release in 2004.

Iíd be interested to see this because the only artwork Iím aware of is the one used for the CD cover etc, hope you find it because Iím definitely intrigued now
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 20th June 2019, 08:37 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’d be interested to see this because the only artwork I’m aware of is the one used for the CD cover etc, hope you find it because I’m definitely intrigued now
Part of the one i'm looking for and alternative.

The artwork on the CD cover was the artwork from the Tour Shirts & programme back in 1982

(been a Maiden fan since 1980 !!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IRON MAIDEN LIVE AT HAMMERSMITH.jpg (32.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 9gf12q.jpg (93.3 KB, 9 views)
Rik likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!