Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Westerns & War
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree254Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th January 2011, 10:52 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Glad Eureka have done a reversal on this and are going ahead with the blu ray release! Still, I have read reports that the film is going to be a 93 minute version rather than the full 107 min version previously released on DVD. Don't suppose anyone knows any more about this?
According to the link below (4th post down, 2nd quote) the Italian audio is the UNCUT version and the English audio is the shorter version.

http://criterionforum.org/forum/view...2518&start=175

I hope this clears things up.
Old 4th February 2011, 12:43 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Glad Eureka have done a reversal on this and are going ahead with the blu ray release! Still, I have read reports that the film is going to be a 93 minute version rather than the full 107 min version previously released on DVD. Don't suppose anyone knows any more about this?
Not sure if there going with this release now after all. I re-ordered after my original pre-order was cancelled & all seemed good, especially as it was going to be dual format too. Bonus!

But checking my orders earlier FACCIA A FACCIA showed a status of 'discontinued' & now my order has been cancelled, in fact the only site that's still allowing you to pre-order is Amazon. Also it seems to be the case with the stand alone dvd too.

God only knows whats happening, some clarifaction would be nice.

You make it easy.
Old 4th February 2011, 07:33 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Face To Face is cancelled again.
They're having problems it seems,maybe they will still release it at a later date?
Old 4th February 2011, 10:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Face To Face is cancelled again.
They're having problems it seems,maybe they will still release it at a later date?
Yeah here's hoping bdc.

You make it easy.
Old 4th February 2011, 09:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

1st Arrows THE BEYOND is delayed a month... Now FACCIA A FACCIA is delayed indefinitely!! argh...

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 26th February 2011, 11:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Here's just a quick heads up to say Sky channel Movies4Men 2 is screening Enzo G. Castellari's Franco Nero effort Jonathan Of The Bears at 4.40 this afternoon.
Old 27th March 2011, 07:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Spaghetti Westerns

I prefer them to American ones, and the reason why is because Spag Westerns were more realistic in the sense of the characters were dirty, sweaty, needed a good shave and looked as they had an STD.

Where American Westerns had the super clean cowboys with white that had been Daz washed, and the west looked nice.

Which type do you prefer
Old 27th March 2011, 07:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I prefer them to American ones, and the reason why is because Spag Westerns were more realistic in the sense of the characters were dirty, sweaty, needed a good shave and looked as they had an STD.

Where American Westerns had the super clean cowboys with white that had been Daz washed, and the west looked nice.

Which type do you prefer
Completely concur with you Bringer, always prefered Spaghetti Westerns. I like the fact that the heroes are flawed in many ways to the point of being anti-heroes, the line between good & bad blurs. Plus you'd never get a downbeat ending like the one in The Great Silence in a typical American Western.

That said my appreciation of the American Western has increased recently, but maybe thats just my age.

You make it easy.
Old 27th March 2011, 09:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I tend to prefer spaghettis too but there are amazing American Westerns, though those I rate were all made after the Italians had made their mark on the genre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31st March 2011, 11:51 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Threads merged.

Like this? Share it using the links below!