Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2008, 07:32 PM
Cultist

I sent before including the catalogue number of Cannibal Ferox DVD.

Cat No: Neo Publishing EDV 1436
Old 10th April 2008, 07:46 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

God,vipco,that's a shite situation with customs in Belfast mate,would it be stopped if I posted you one from Glasgow?Fifty quid for uncut films is ****ing ludicrous mate,they're taking the piss....
Old 10th April 2008, 11:48 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Anywhere within the UK is fine its Europe, especially Holland and the States were you get hit hard by customs .

I saw all the nasties 1st time around Steve though I was quite young so didn't understand the less gory ones but your definitely right, anyone viewing now for the 1st time would be pretty disapointed as they sound realy nasty but some are utter crap
There is a few which are still powerful films but the rest are either good gory fun or utter crap.

Here Reaper, you should be due for the Vetern title with all the work you've been doing mate. C'mon Almar, promote the man.
Theres a few other Seasoned Gorehounds & a Mod deserving of this title as well IMO.

Last edited by vipco; 11th April 2008 at 12:18 AM.
Old 11th April 2008, 06:05 PM
Cultist

I agree Vipco, there are some films that are still very powerful. Last House On The Left is one that really stunned me. OK, the ending was far too over the top and 'silly' but all that lead up to the ending really did shock me.

As a grown up (and I use that word very loosely ;-) I understand a need for film ratings but surely as adults we should be able to choose what we see? I think the censorship of some films has been completely mystifying.

For example the scene from Venus In Furs which has been cut (but on this site for us to see) doesn't make sense when compared to other films with similar scenes.

Steve.
Old 11th April 2008, 06:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Very true Steve, a system that just classified a film suitable for a certain age group and that was all , would be much fairer than the current system of classification by cutting.
Old 11th April 2008, 08:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Simply classifying films is probably fairer but it will never happen. As long as the BBFC have to take into account the OPA, the CPA, The animals act and the VRA...cuts and bans will continue. At least they are much better now then they used to as on the whole cuts these days are quite rare. Major cuts rarer still. Most of the cuts they make these days are to animal cruelty, especially horse falls. They seem to be getting quite lenient in regards to sexual violence, passing films uncut today they would have cut only 5 years ago. The cutting of dangerous imitable techniques is also fairly common. Drug cuts seem to be a thing of the past. Also I think they are much more consistent today with their decisions but of course they make mistakes from time to time.

Last edited by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs; 14th April 2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11th April 2008, 09:14 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I fully agree that the BBFC is much more lenient now compared to the bad old days of Ferman. Even though 12 secs are missing from Baise Moi (one cut of which I thought was unnecessary) I was absolutely gobsmacked to see how much had been passed for 18. Ferman must be spinning in his grave now.

If Pink Flamingos has been passed uncut, as it apparently has, then something has gone slightly wrong with the BBFC's animal policy though.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:52 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

No worries Vipco. I'm sure Angel is fine about it. She's one of the top experts in the field re UK film censorship and her knowledge is second to none.
Old 12th April 2008, 10:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
No worries Vipco. I'm sure Angel is fine about it. She's one of the top experts in the field re UK film censorship and her knowledge is second to none.
Hey, that coming from my censorship team mate is quite an honour
Old 12th April 2008, 10:23 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thanks Angel,
Once again I never meant any offence.
Im pretty new to the internet I just took it for read when Almar implyed Sarah was the only female here that she was.
I think im a bit outta my depth as im sure everyone here new who you were. Sorry.

Last edited by vipco; 12th April 2008 at 10:47 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!