Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2008, 05:32 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Been a looong time since I saw The Hunting Party but from what I can remember the cow-killing is right at the beginning of the film and during a scene where Reed & his men kill it around a campfire for food.

The individual Zombie Flesh Eaters was passed (with cuts) in 1999. The Anchor Bay Box Of The Banned version was resubmitted 6 years later and the cuts were waived. Presumably the passage of time meant the cuts need no longer apply.

The version of I Spit On Your Grave in the same box is the heavily cut (7 mins) version originally released in 2001. The later 2003 Hardgore one had exactly the same cuts but used a pan-and-scan which reframed the rape scenes. The reason the 2001 release is longer is due to the cuts being substituted with alternate shots (in this case some of the same shots were looped over and over again and the result is ridiculous at times).
Old 14th April 2008, 06:56 PM
Cultist

Looks like I've missed some exciting conversation.

Re animal cruelty - I have to agree that if it's 'nature stock footage' I don't see why it would be cut as some scenes like that can be seen on Life On Earth etc The killing of the turtle is, I think, deeply disturbing and very uncomfortable to watch. However I am glad I have had the chance to see it for myself and make up my own mind.

There was mention of Salo earlier. I first saw it in France and was stunned by some of the images but also very bored when nothing was happening - ie the lengthy dialogue scenes. I saw it recently and thought alot more of it, even those lengthy dialogue scenes. I was still stunned by the torture scenes and the vile 'poo for dinner' scene.

I commented a few posts before about some scenes being cut in some films yet being passed in other films. I cannot think of a particular scene(s) so cannot back up my comment - which is typical as I'm not usually lost for words ;-)
Old 14th April 2008, 07:56 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Lenzi's Eaten Alive' had footage of a cannibal getting castrated cut out but the exact same footage appears in Cannibal god. Native girls death scene in EA also cut out but appears in another bbfc passed cannimal flick.
I hate that to Steve.

Vince, is the snake not dead even though its still wiggling. I think they wiggle about abit when they get cut in half even though their dead.

Nature footage is sometimes set up to make sure the photographers get 'the money shot'. Ever wonder now they just stumble across a wounded goat that just happens to be by a river full of crocs minutes before it gets attacked.? They must be very lucky nature photographers to always have their cameras set up at the right time right place to always get a result.

Last edited by vipco; 15th April 2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 14th April 2008, 08:20 PM
Cultist

Right place, right time eh? ;-p

I still can't think of any examples, which is driving me mad.

Steve.
Old 14th April 2008, 08:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Lenzi's Eaten Alive' had footage of a cannibal getting castrated cut out but the exact same footage appears in Cannibal god. Native girls death scene in EA also cut out but appears in another bbfc passed cannimal flick.

Theres plenty other examples too.
What are the other examples, Vipco?

When you say Cannibal God, I presume you are referring to the DVD? The reason why they cut the castration in Eaten Alive but left it in (Mountain of the) Cannibal God is because they were classified at vastly different times. Eaten Alive was classified with cuts in 1981. For its DVD release Cannibal God was classified in 2001. What was unacceptable in 1981 would certainly have been acceptable in 2001.
Old 14th April 2008, 09:43 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

That's right. The Vipco DVD of Eaten Alive (which is one of the most badly edited cut films I've ever seen, together with the Satanica Night Of The Bloody Apes) is missing the castration/Me Me Lai killings (the latter is from Last Cannibal World) because they never resubmitted the uncut version for DVD. They simply chose to re-release the same cut print as the 1992 video. The full version would have only received cuts to the animal footage.

Alas they also did the same with Pranks and Night Of The Demon. Both would have easily passed uncut in 2001/2. They resubmitted many of their earlier releases (Fulci zombies, The Burning, Death Trap etc) and most of them made it intact bar House By The Cemetery, and it's a shame they didn't do the same with these 3 titles.
Old 14th April 2008, 09:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And vipco were famous for not bothering their arses to submit fuller prints......I remember buying their Eaten Alive on vhs,and then upgraded when they released it on dvd,and it was the exact same print.......
Old 14th April 2008, 09:51 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I know. They tarnished their reputation a bit there, together with their legendary 'Digitally Remastered' trademark.

Their claim to fame will always be getting The Burning through uncut and making it the only available uncut version on DVD up until only recently. If they'd done the same with Night Of The Demon then greatness would have been theirs.

However maybe a certain Shameless company can rectify this......
Old 14th April 2008, 09:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Too right mate,this would outsell all the Shameless releases so far I reckon......Marc over at abuk reckons the rights may be difficult to track down.......
Old 14th April 2008, 09:57 PM
Cultist

Yeah, that pissed me off too.

A couple of years ago there were some budget releases of a few 80's horrors. These budget releases were in slimline DVD cases and cost the princely sum of £1.00 I bought a couple, House By The Cemetary & Nights Of Terror. Both films were uncut, based upon what I've read and from other versions I had seen. They both had the BBFC '18' stamp on them. It's always worth checking out Poundland and their video sections as they always seem to have some great stuff.

Like this? Share it using the links below!