Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2008, 09:33 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Yes I recall Marc saying it was a pre-cut print. I agree with Angel. The uncut one would be a close call but I think it would just make it.

However I really think the BBFC would have problems with Don't Go In The House. We all know which scene too.
Old 14th May 2008, 09:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmile18 View Post
Any Jeff Leiberman movie too, like Blue Sunshine, Squirm or Just Before Dawn? I don't think any of them are out over here, and the Shriek Show SE DVD of Just Before Dawn has come under criticism for being a cut version. Or hell, what about Pumpkinhead, or is that owned by a major?
I hope Shameless won't veer too far away from Euro horror but if they were to diversify, Squirm is a great idea. Love this film. Although maybe most people would already have bought the R1 release?

Other titles?...

I Drink Your Blood
Deranged
X Ray

The Incredible Melting Man

As for Canadian horror, how about a brand new anamorphic release of Cronenberg's Shivers?

Or maybe the little seen Seizure?
Old 14th May 2008, 09:41 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I love Incredible Melting Man. Vipco haven't done it justice. The sight of the blimp nurse crashing through the hospital doors is worthy of a Carry On film.
Old 15th May 2008, 05:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Yes I recall Marc saying it was a pre-cut print. I agree with Angel. The uncut one would be a close call but I think it would just make it.
Sorry I was referring to the 1980 cinema release unless you meant this was also pre cut like the much later DVD release.
There's no doubt the version submitted to the BBFC in 1980 was a much stronger version so I'm surprised that only 4 small cuts were made, considering the amount of sexualised violence. From what I've heard the UK Pre cert was the cut UK cinema version? I saw this version many years ago but can't remember it at all now. I believe the candle/breast burning was not in this version. Apparently It wasn't in the version that was shown on Zone Horror either.

Last edited by Angel; 15th May 2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 15th May 2008, 09:48 PM
Active Cultist

Hmm US films.

Some thoughts here- Manson (the documentary) is completely off the wall and a bit twisted.

The film I watched last night (day of the wolves) was a strange tarantinoesque thing, not sure its 100% shameless but maybe worth a thought.

How about Jack Hill's WIP flick big bird cage- I think that one slightly has the edge on the other one - doll house, indeed anything with sid haig.

err Mr. No Legs? Ive got a dvd r of that knocking about here somewhere,

err blaxploitation- The Black Gestapo maybe? Not seen this one mind.

GatorBait= another that has been on my list for some time.

not american but how about they call her one eye- thats an ace movie.

err Basket Case? how about basket case, or on a similar theme Frankenhooker, not seen either for years n years.

err maybe gang flicks? switchblade sisters or one that I have not seen knocking about since my local video shop shut- Cruisin High .

Hells angels movies, um 60s drug movies- Cormans The Trip is first rate,

dunno really, but there are a few ideas in there.

The one I reviewed the other day- The Sadist, thats a good un.

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog
Old 15th May 2008, 10:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Basket Case has been released twice by tartan mate....whilst Frankenhooker first by Synergy and then by Optimum.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:33 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

What was the Blacksploition film The Arena, with Pam Grier, I love gladiator films.

Northville Cemetry Massacre was a great biker flick.

How Sleep the Brave, best nam film i've seen.

Love Herman's Gang films idea, sheer brilliance that.

Just noticed, it dose'nt say how many posts we've made anymore. I think its better that way.

Last edited by vipco; 15th May 2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 15th May 2008, 11:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Herman, what was the one you reviewed with George Eastman in it, I think he was called 32 or something in it and one guy was called Blade.
They took some people and I think a baby hostage in a car.
That would be a cool Shameless release. It looked like a good film.
The one you like the music off. What was that called.?
Old 15th May 2008, 11:49 PM
Active Cultist

sorry to come back to this day of the wolves business but I cannot find a dvd for this one- amazon lists only a vhs for $43. It is public domain,

reaper, thanks for the heads up, I may buy myself a basket case as I got brainwashed into that film as a kid as its trailer seemed to be everywhere * along with chud.

vipco- good call on the biker flick, a late genre entry that, I may order that one.

My blog has moved house: Italian Film Review Blog
Old 15th May 2008, 11:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

If you're getting Basket Case I reccomend getting the Basket Case/Return of Swamp Thing double bill, which is very cheap and packed with extras.

Like this? Share it using the links below!