Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2009, 06:23 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Ornella Muti Classics

I'd love to see releases of any/all of Ornella Muti's currently unavailable films, in particular "The Last Woman" (1976) and "Appassionata" (1974). It would be good to see an uncut version of "Summer Affair" (1971), if the removed footage hasn't been lost in the vaults of time.

Some of her films are available in German with surprisingly good dubbing. But people who can only speak English are missing out
Old 10th August 2009, 09:19 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I'd happily see all of the above released- whether they'd all get stocked is another matter! Apocalypse box set is next and but do hope to have more news on 2010 releases soon - certainly this little focus on Surf is no bad thing.
Old 10th August 2009, 09:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The annoying thing about Surf is that they list their horror titles as Action films.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 10th August 2009, 09:25 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

There are umpteen layers of complications these Italian companies put in your way - hence why things take soooooooooooo long!
Old 10th August 2009, 09:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I would love it if some of those Spaghetti Westerns got a release.

Old 13th August 2009, 03:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Has anyone mentioned Treasure of the Four Crowns or Comin' at Ya!? Those would be cool shameless releases especially if they had 2D and 3D version of the movie, with Shameless 3D glasses.

Anyone mentioned Argento's Four Flies on Grey Velvet, that has been released in R1 but the ending is cut off due to print damage, and the only way you can watch it complete is if you buy the German DVD, but the ending is in Itallian with no English subs.

La Casa 3, 4, and 5? Apparently they were the unofficial sequels to Evil Dead 1 and 2. Just like Zombi 2 to 5 were the unofficial sequels of Dawn of the Dead.
Old 13th August 2009, 04:28 PM
Cultist

How about digging out some more video nasties? Perhaps Snuff, The Werewolf and the Yeti (you've got a good track record of getting banned material out there) or Nightmare Maker?
Old 13th August 2009, 09:37 PM
Ex-member

NIGHTMARE MAKER is supposed to be released on R1 by Code Red or someone but don't hold your breath. It's had good reviews considering a lot of the 'nasties' are crap.
Such as SNUFF and WEREWOLF AND THE YETI.
Old 13th August 2009, 09:47 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Been a while since I last watched it but I really enjoyed Nightmare Maker. Susan Tyrrell's excellent performance is the whole show.

The Werewolf And The Yeti is entertaining trash but Snuff is just dire.
Old 14th August 2009, 09:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd75dylan View Post
Has anyone mentioned Treasure of the Four Crowns or Comin' at Ya!? Those would be cool shameless releases especially if they had 2D and 3D version of the movie, with Shameless 3D glasses.

La Casa 3, 4, and 5? Apparently they were the unofficial sequels to Evil Dead 1 and 2. Just like Zombi 2 to 5 were the unofficial sequels of Dawn of the Dead.
I have the Guild Pre-Cert of Treasure of the Four Crowns but i havent watched it yet.

La Casa 3 is Ghosthouse La Casa 4 is Witchcraft and La Casa 5 is Beyond Darkness ( not the D'amato one - although he did produce it ).

Ghosthouse was released uncut by Vipco, Witchcraft was released in a slightly cut version by Stax / Prism but i dont think BD has been released yet.

Like this? Share it using the links below!