Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th March 2010, 02:36 PM
Cult Addict

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but I would love to see Fulcis Contraband (aka The Smuggler) getting a quality dvd r2 release. I know BU have put this out already but its only been given an r1 release. The same goes for Zombi 2. Yes, I know its TBOTB 1 but I am not shelling out for a box set when there is only one movie in it that I want.

Yes, I know that I sound tighter than two coats of paint, but I am Scottish afterall!
Old 29th March 2010, 02:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Contraband was released in a better edition by AWE in Scandinavia.

I agree though, a uk edition would be most welcome

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 29th March 2010, 03:13 PM
Cult Addict

Another that I can think of, although this one maybe too far off the radar for a shameless/arrow release is Cut Throats 9. I have the bare bones Eurovista dvd and the film is a relevation. It has a good cast of characters,descent plotting and story, not to mention various servings of juicy gore. All in all its a very good little western/thriller that deserves a lot more attention.
Old 29th March 2010, 05:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yes it would be nice to see a release of Cut Throats 9 here especially as nearly 40 years on there has never been an officially classified release here of the film.
Old 29th March 2010, 07:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

After watching Massacre and Murder Secret of the ' Lucio Fulci Presents' series I'd like to see these two get the Shameless treatment along with the other two films in the series. So far they've only had EC DVD releases and there nothing special.

I'd also love to see Rings of Fear, Eyeball, Death Laid An Egg, Devils Honey, You'll Die At Midnight, So Sweet So Dead, Nightmare Beach and Formula For Murder. Just a few titles there, mostly gialli of course!

Last edited by JAMIOUSE; 29th March 2010 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Missing words!
Old 30th March 2010, 12:17 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I like the idea of Shameless picking up Rings of Fear, Eyeball, Death Laid An Egg, Devils Honey, You'll Die At Midnight, So Sweet So Dead, Nightmare Beach and Formula For Murder as well!

Is there any chance of any of those titles making it onto the giallo coloured label?
Old 30th March 2010, 12:20 AM
Cultist

Death Laid an Egg definitely needs a release. The japanese edition is impossible to find. It would make a great addition to Shameless!
Old 30th March 2010, 07:54 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Blood and Black Lace also needs a decent release,the limited German dvd goes for around 200 Euro now and the US dvd is not very good.
Almar once stated that maybe another company would pick this one up...
Old 30th March 2010, 12:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I would kill baby kill for a decent release of Bava's Blood and Black Lace as well! The limited edition German DVD was the one to go for, as you say, but the rerelease only features a German language dub track and no English subtitles.

Would this be more suitable for Arrow though? What are the chances of seeing this one released then?
Old 30th March 2010, 12:52 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Can't see this one coming out on Arrow but just so everyone knows - I'd love someone to do a decent DVD release.

Like this? Share it using the links below!