Like Tree151612Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th August 2012, 06:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Very nice Pete.
It was from the guy's who run the 'Strange Vice' site. They had loads of great stuff (Synapse BD's, all the Camera Obscura titles, limited VHS editions etc) but sadly I didn't bring enough with me.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 25th August 2012, 07:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I don't think so as I had a card from Royal Mail telling me I had £11.31 (I think it was that much, £8 of which was the handling fee) to pay because all your music shipped two Redemption BDs at the same time.
I was looking at the BD of Black Magic Rites earlier on Amz Uk - one of the sellers is Wingrove9509 and he dispatches from the UK. Could this be Nigel Wingrove? -if it is, one would be getting it direct from the source. Would save the hassle of importing, if that's the case.
Old 26th August 2012, 08:54 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
walking dead season 2 blu ray
this arrived today

Is the UK-Disc uncut? The BBFC says 553m 43s for the dvd (577m and 22s (ca. 578) in Blu-ray!? Amazon.com listed 578 minutes).
Old 26th August 2012, 09:34 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I was looking at the BD of Black Magic Rites earlier on Amz Uk - one of the sellers is Wingrove9509 and he dispatches from the UK. Could this be Nigel Wingrove? -if it is, one would be getting it direct from the source. Would save the hassle of importing, if that's the case.
It's definitely a good tip to check second hand Amazon sellers as your first port of call. I got Days of Heaven - perfect nick - Criterion blu for 20 quid delivered and it arrived next day from the UK. Sadly 9/10 times you get ridiculous inflated prices quoted for used discs but every so often you get value, quick delivery and no customs snoops!

Related point - anyone ever used e-bay seller 'blowitouttahere' for import discs? feedbacks good but Moviemars has delivered quicker than them which is a bit worrying.
Nemesis likes this.
Old 26th August 2012, 10:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelz View Post
Is the UK-Disc uncut? The BBFC says 553m 43s for the dvd (577m and 22s (ca. 578) in Blu-ray!? Amazon.com listed 578 minutes).
I really doubt it would have much censorship problems, as there wasn't anywhere as much content that could possibly be censored, and got through fine with a MA in Australia.
marcelz likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 26th August 2012, 10:54 AM
Cult Acolyte

Default Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelz View Post
Honest answer is I don't know,I watched the whole thing Saturday,but could'nt tell you if its cut or not,Im sure someone will know somewhere.
marcelz likes this.
Old 26th August 2012, 10:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
It's definitely a good tip to check second hand Amazon sellers as your first port of call. I got Days of Heaven - perfect nick - Criterion blu for 20 quid delivered and it arrived next day from the UK. Sadly 9/10 times you get ridiculous inflated prices quoted for used discs but every so often you get value, quick delivery and no customs snoops!

Related point - anyone ever used e-bay seller 'blowitouttahere' for import discs? feedbacks good but Moviemars has delivered quicker than them which is a bit worrying.
I totally agree - the second hand section is a go-to for some imports, for me.

Unfortunately, I've not come across blowitouttahere before. But I've heard libalex is supposed to be good though. On a related note, has anyone ever used OOdals on ebay before?

Last edited by Nemesis; 26th August 2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 26th August 2012, 11:38 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The first series of Walking Dead was braodcast uncut in the UK but was cut for DVD for some reason. Some of the gore was reduced.

No idea how the second series has fared on DVD/BD. But the difference in running time is probably because the DVDs are PAL at 25fps whilst the Blu will be HD at 24fps.
marcelz likes this.
Old 26th August 2012, 12:38 PM
Cult Addict

Final pre-orders for this month:

Also (To keep me sane while camping):

DVD and BD collection
Old 26th August 2012, 03:24 PM
Cult Rookie

Ok, thanks @ VicDakin, Daemonia and fuzzymctiger.

Like this? Share it using the links below!