Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Music
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree27226Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th March 2009, 03:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Everyone PLEASE check out Angel City Outcasts on utube playing ACO live. (French gigs best, colour vid) AWESOME.!

What type of music would this be classed as.?

£40 / £50 iLuv's. Bit expensive if your taking a date along. ! Especially when you add pre and post gig pub drinks and all.
Old 26th March 2009, 04:19 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Everyone PLEASE check out Angel City Outcasts on utube playing ACO live. (French gigs best, colour vid) AWESOME.!

What type of music would this be classed as.?

£40 / £50 iLuv's. Bit expensive if your taking a date along. ! Especially when you add pre and post gig pub drinks and all.
I second this Vips, that vid was brilliant. I'm in luv with that guitar solo! I'd call itpunk with a blend of hard rock. But I'm no music expert.

Mmm - yeah the price is a bit steep - but it should be an amazing night!
Old 26th March 2009, 05:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Recently bought Metallica's Death Magnetic album and it's a welcome return to form after several dire albums since ...AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.
Old 26th March 2009, 05:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
Is anyone here a fan of Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of War Of The Worlds? I've been a HUUGE fan since I can remember (used to listen to the CD every night when I was a kid...not that long ago ). It's going on tour again this year, hopefully I'll be seeing them at the 02 (if I can get the money! :S ).

WAHOO! :woop: :woop:
Even when I was listening to something a bit more radical and subversive like "The Sex Pistols", "The Clash", "The Stranglers", "Joy Division" and "The Ramones", I still found time to buy into Jeff Wayne's "War Of The Worlds". I enyoyed the recent film of the stage show and I'd love to see the 02 show this year, but timing makes it awkward for me. I find it strange that they have never made a feature film based on this musical adaptation.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 26th March 2009, 05:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Oh I recently got a list of Journey songs to check out from someone (who shall remain nameless). This is what I call punishment!
Old 26th March 2009, 05:16 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

War of the Worlds is an amazing album, been listening to it since i was a kid too!
Very eerie.
'...I believe in murder...I believe in pain...I believe in cruelty and infidelity...I believe in slime...and every putrid crawling thing...and every possible ugliness..and corruption...you son of a bitch!...'
Old 26th March 2009, 06:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Oh I recently got a list of Journey songs to check out from someone (who shall remain nameless). This is what I call punishment!

Ah,but your a masochist at heart!
Old 27th March 2009, 07:51 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I've been listening to something VERY different to the Judas Priest/Thin Lizzy/ Queen music I'm normally in to. Yes, I've been listening to classic! But not crappy classic - but Penderecki! It's incredibly powerful and very very scary! I luv it
Old 31st March 2009, 12:39 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
Take it you won't be going to see them at Download festival then Think I'll have to check them out just to see 'Don't Stop Believing' live
Old 31st March 2009, 12:46 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Aside from the usual metalcore/ death metal I've been listening to a fair bit of hip hop/ rap recently. Haven't listened to it for ages but recently dug out and been thoroughly enjoying Wu-Tang's 'Wu-Tang Forever', Sabac's 'Sabacolypse', Necro's 'Gory Days' and 'Prefix for Death' and Dizzee Rascals 'Boy In Da Corner' albums. I know there isn't much love for rap round these parts but I've been loving these these last couple of weeks.

Like this? Share it using the links below!