Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th May 2019, 11:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I preordered in June last year when it first went live to take advantage of their price promise, it originally had a release date of some time last year but it keeps getting pushed back, this latest delay could be to do with the artwork argument
As for my card, it’s not a new card, but I did change me bank account type, so that might be the reason
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th May 2019, 11:51 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Just looked at the extras for BOSC.

Quote:
Underneath Satan’s Skin: Interview with Piers Haggard (Director) and Robert Wynne-Simmons (writer) Commentary with Piers Haggard, Robert Wynne-Simmons and Linda Hayden, Commentary with Mark Gattis, Jeremy Dyson and Reece Shersmith, Touching The Devil – The Making of Blood on Satan’s Claw, Interview with Director Piers Haggard, Theatrical Trailer, A 20-minute preview of the audiobook by Mark Gatiss, Interview with MARC WILKINSON (composer), Interview with TONY DAWE (sound mixer) Interview with SIMON WILLIAMS (actor) 16 Page Booklet written by Mark Morris Postcards Poster
Makes a mockery of the notion that they'd never seen the audio books artwork.
Rik and markchro like this.
Old 16th May 2019, 11:52 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Just looked at the extras for BOSC.

Makes a mockery of the notion that they'd never seen the audio books artwork.
Yeah, bit of a piss take denying all knowledge
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th May 2019, 01:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Had an email back from Amazon’s genius customer service department saying they’re sorry my order is delayed and it will be dispatched when it arrives in stock, so not answering my question of why they’ve charged me already and if it’s legit

This is nearly as bad as when I tried to update my mobile number on there and they said they’d send a text to my old (no longer working) number with a code to input to be able to change my number, took me 4 increasingly frustrating phone calls to sort that shit out, utter joke
Old 16th May 2019, 04:27 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Had an email back from Amazon’s genius customer service department saying they’re sorry my order is delayed and it will be dispatched when it arrives in stock, so not answering my question of why they’ve charged me already and if it’s legit

This is nearly as bad as when I tried to update my mobile number on there and they said they’d send a text to my old (no longer working) number with a code to input to be able to change my number, took me 4 increasingly frustrating phone calls to sort that shit out, utter joke
You may be better doing an online chat with one of their customer service representatives rather than playing e-mail tennis. Always works for me if I have an issue.
Rik and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 16th May 2019, 05:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
You may be better doing an online chat with one of their customer service representatives rather than playing e-mail tennis. Always works for me if I have an issue.

Yeah, gonna try that tomorrow because I got another bullshit email back off them saying practically the same thing, pretty sure it’s automated
Old 17th May 2019, 08:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, but for some reason Amazon have already taken payment for my copy, they don’t normally do that until the item has been dispatched
Just trying to sort out a similar problem with a preorder for Last Hurrah For Chivalry & Hand Of Death: Two Films By John Woo Eureka box set the other week as was charged for it a few days ago as noticed it when checking my credit card account. Normally if they authorise the card the payment would be a pound and show as pending but i have been fully charged and no payment invoice on my account.
Old 20th May 2019, 11:11 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Seems people have been having similar issues regarding Amazon over at Blu-rage.

A cut and paste response received from someone over there details:

Quote:
We're introducing some improvements to payments and authorisations in order to simplify your shopping experience on Amazon.

When you pre-order an item that is yet to be released, we charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched. If the shipping date is set after more than five days, that charge occurs on the fifth day since your order was placed.

We’ll dispatch your item as soon as it gets released. You can check updates to your order status, or cancel your order anytime before it gets dispatched, by visiting Your Orders at https://www.amazon.co.uk/yourorders.

Immediately after you place an order, we request your bank to authorise the full order amount. If you cancel your order, or request to change your payment method, we cannot release this authorisation without charging first.
If this is the case then my (limited) pre-orders that I make with Amazon will become non-existent!
Old 20th May 2019, 11:27 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Seems people have been having similar issues regarding Amazon over at Blu-rage.

A cut and paste response received from someone over there details:

If this is the case then my (limited) pre-orders that I make with Amazon will become non-existent!
Amazon are getting worse and worse. I've also noticed they don't show market sellers prices on things when doing a search. You have to click on a disc to see the price range.

It's almost as if they don't want to sell physical media any more. Which is probably true anyway.

If you pay immediately then that means no price guarantee anymore either, unless they are going to do refunds on release.
Old 20th May 2019, 06:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

I order quite a lot online but less and less from Amazon. I can see this going down to zero if this bollocks continues.

Like this? Share it using the links below!