Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th May 2019, 10:22 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
If you pay immediately then that means no price guarantee anymore either, unless they are going to do refunds on release.
That will be just stupid.. maybe they will change their mind? Or wait it's amazon they don't care
Old 21st May 2019, 07:09 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Yep, basically they've used every mechanic at their disposal to crush their competition (price matching, aggressive pricing vs. competitors and their own marketplace sellers, promos, digital platforms, delivery service etc.), and now there is pretty much no competition left, they can do what they like and the majority of people will still use them.

Also, with taking money for pre-order's straight away, it can now be earning interest in their accounts for months, helping them pay off their tax bill rather than sat in our accounts.

I've been using Amazon less and less over the years, and pre-order very little from them. I generally use them for their marketplace - itself becoming a dying area with merchants disappearing, the amount of physical media on offer declining, and prices becoming higher amongst the few sellers that remain. Most of the purchases I used to make on Amazon are now getting diverted to Wow or eBay sellers. Amazon's loss is their gain.
Old 21st May 2019, 03:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

In many ways I share your sentiments with regards to Amazon. I remember the days when they offered free shipping on all orders when I first starting buying DVDs from them, then the policy changed to free shipping on all orders over £10 and then later on free shipping was only available on orders over £20. In that period the number of items that I order from them has diminished to hardly anything. Before they went into administration a few months ago I had been purchasing most of my new Blu-rays from HMV for quite a long time instead.

I used to buy loads of stuff from third-party sellers but when Amazon revised their delivery charges model, the prices increased significantly and I rarely order now. I find now that better prices can be found on Ebay or sites such as Music Magpie.
Old 21st May 2019, 03:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I’ve cancelled my preorder, still waiting for the refund though because they’ve definitely taken money out of my account, they said today that I should get it back in the next 24 hours. I’m gonna go buy it from a shop the day it comes out, **** Amazon and their new shitty policies, won’t be preordering from them again!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st May 2019, 03:33 PM
Cultist

Never really used Amazon that much, mainly bought my items from the sellers rather than the source itself, found though that more and more I am beginning to like Amazon less and less as they as many are saying are destroying the competition and then will dictate totally prices for all their products, looking towards finding other outlets to purchase my films etc from and sod Amazon
Old 21st May 2019, 03:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I’ve cancelled my preorder, still waiting for the refund though because they’ve definitely taken money out of my account, they said today that I should get it back in the next 24 hours. I’m gonna go buy it from a shop the day it comes out, **** Amazon and their new shitty policies, won’t be preordering from them again!
There will be no more ordering Thrower's horror books then waiting three years for them to be released.
Old 21st May 2019, 06:05 PM
Cult Acolyte

This is why I asked about HMV in store pre-orders.
If HMV can help us again now then let's go for it!
Old 24th May 2019, 08:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Screenbound have got a Bank Holiday sale on, 25% off using the code 25OFF. I’ve just ordered Blood on Satan’s Claw for £17.59 delivered, much cheaper than anywhere else and they say it will be delivered a week before release date so I was happy to pay for it upfront just now

https://www.classicfilmsdirect.com/?...o34z0UQzhk_z_o
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th May 2019, 02:51 PM
Cult Addict

Code isn't doing anything for me Rik. Is it a zero or the letter o?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 25th May 2019, 03:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Code isn't doing anything for me Rik. Is it a zero or the letter o?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Off as in piss.

It worked for me yesterday...didn't order anything mind you.

Like this? Share it using the links below!