Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Before The 1970's > The 1960's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2013, 09:53 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Would that be next month, forgive my ignorance?
Old 18th September 2013, 09:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Thought so. I'm due a Hammer marathon, love all the nostalgia they bring for me from my early teens catching them on BBC2 in the early 90's
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th September 2013, 10:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thought so. I'm due a Hammer marathon, love all the nostalgia they bring for me from my early teens catching them on BBC2 in the early 90's
I could actually do with seeing films i haven't watched in a few years so i can review them in The Gothic Thread.

I've just had a look at my list. I've only reviewed Dracula, Scars and Satanic Rites.
Rik likes this.
Old 18th September 2013, 10:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I could actually do with seeing films i haven't watched in a few years so i can review them in The Gothic Thread.

I've just had a look at my list. I've only reviewed Dracula, Scars and Satanic Rites.
I'm not sure where they are without searching, but I remember Daemonia reviewing all the Dracula & Frankenstein films in order last year or the year before, really enjoyable too if you remember

Edit: Found it, it was just the Frankenstein films

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/hamm...in-thread.html
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th September 2013, 10:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I've changed it for you.
Cheers Dem!
Old 18th September 2013, 10:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Cheers Dem!
What are your thoughts on the film Gothmogxx?

Its your thread and you haven't said a word.
Rik and Gothmogxx like this.
Old 18th September 2013, 10:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the film Gothmogxx?

Its your thread and you haven't said a word.
Actually to tell the truth, I haven't seen it (gasp). This annoys me, but nowhere nearby stocks it. And as it is right now, I can't afford it. I'll have more cash soon though, so I've been checking peoples thoughts on the other Hammer threads to see which Dracula film's are best regarded by fans, so I know what to get first. There was no thread for this one however, so I made one to find out what people think of it.

I already own Dracula Has Risen From the Grave and Dracula A.D. 1972, so i'll be targeting this one first. (for the record, I REALLY want the 1958 Dracula... But the fact that a longer version with uncut death scenes exists on Blu-Ray, which I don't own, has made me hesitate on buying the cut DVD. Would you guys say it's still worth getting the DVD, despite the censorship?)

My Hammer collection is pretty shameful actually. I have many Universal ones, but not that many from Hammer. I've been aiming to improve that over the next few months.
Old 19th September 2013, 09:29 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Actually to tell the truth, I haven't seen it (gasp). This annoys me, but nowhere nearby stocks it. And as it is right now, I can't afford it. I'll have more cash soon though, so I've been checking peoples thoughts on the other Hammer threads to see which Dracula film's are best regarded by fans, so I know what to get first. There was no thread for this one however, so I made one to find out what people think of it.

I already own Dracula Has Risen From the Grave and Dracula A.D. 1972, so i'll be targeting this one first. (for the record, I REALLY want the 1958 Dracula... But the fact that a longer version with uncut death scenes exists on Blu-Ray, which I don't own, has made me hesitate on buying the cut DVD. Would you guys say it's still worth getting the DVD, despite the censorship?)

My Hammer collection is pretty shameful actually. I have many Universal ones, but not that many from Hammer. I've been aiming to improve that over the next few months.
This is just my thoughts and in no way should it be considered fact.

Over the last 12 months the price of Hammer dvd's have risen from around the £3 mark to nearer £8.

Obviously if you have Blu-ray then i'd get the Dracula blu. If you don't have Blu-ray then don't be put off getting the Dracula dvd as you can't tell anything is missing. It wasn't cut as such, the scenes were added for the Asian market. (Someone please correct me if i'm wrong here). The Dracula dvd has excellent av quality as well.

With the Hammer blu restorations drying up over here (Lions Gate have ceased producing them) its clear that the dvd versions will be the only ones available for some films, so if it was me i'd try and pick em' up as quick as you can before the prices go over the £10 mark per disc. You can always sell them as blu's are released if you choose to.
Gothmogxx likes this.
Old 19th September 2013, 09:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still a few Hammer blu's due in the UK, the Mummy, the Witches being the first two off the top of my head

And, yes the extra scene was added purely for the Japanese market
Old 19th September 2013, 09:41 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Still a few Hammer blu's due in the UK, the Mummy, the Witches being the first two off the top of my head
How many of the 78 films i consider to be their horror / thriller output from The Quatermass Experiment onwards do you see on the horizon?

A quick count on Amazon only brings up 15 in all regions.

Like this? Share it using the links below!