Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree333Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th May 2013, 04:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer time View Post
Race with the devil
That's not a very long list.

Great film though.
Daemonia and troggi like this.
Old 11th May 2013, 08:24 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
That's not a very long list.

Great film though.
heres a longer one:
last house on the left
Last House on Dead End Street
Nuova Guinea, l'isola dei cannibali
Addio Ultimo Uomo
Africa Ama
Brutes and Savages (for the comic value)
Last cannibal world
Old 11th May 2013, 08:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
There doesn't seem much love for The Shout in these lists.

It clearly is a very underrated classic.

SJ and B_E, i noticed were the only ones to give it a mention in the first 5 or 6 lists i looked at.
Indeed, I love it. I tracked it down many years ago when it was referenced in The League of Gentlemen (and name checked on the dvd commentary)

Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny and Girly would be my choice pick for 'how come more people don't love this as much as me???' . . .
Old 11th May 2013, 09:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Haven't seen Mumsy in a long time, I remember thinking it verged into pervyland a little too much, but that was like 20 years ago, my taste has changed so much since then, members here seem to rate it so I'll give it another go soon.

Last edited by platostotal; 12th May 2013 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11th May 2013, 09:44 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Indeed, I love it. I tracked it down many years ago when it was referenced in The League of Gentlemen (and name checked on the dvd commentary)

Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny and Girly would be my choice pick for 'how come more people don't love this as much as me???' . . .
Both will be quite high in my list.

I would love to see a dvd release of What Became of Jack and Jill?, another Vanessa Howard film.
Old 12th May 2013, 01:16 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I love Girly (plus the film is great too! )

There would be a few nominations in that particular category for me, including: Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll, The Cars that Ate Paris, and Ganja & Hess.
Slippery Jack likes this.
Old 12th May 2013, 08:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I love Girly (plus the film is great too! )

There would be a few nominations in that particular category for me, including: Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll, The Cars that Ate Paris, and Ganja & Hess.
Well it was because of you I watched TCTAP, and now it's going on my list Don't think I've seen BEOTBD, will have to rectify that. I wasn't keen on GAH though . . .
Old 12th May 2013, 08:43 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Well it was because of you I watched TCTAP, and now it's going on my list Don't think I've seen BEOTBD, will have to rectify that. I wasn't keen on GAH though . . .
I'm glad that TCTAP will find a spot on your list. A lot of people cite BEOTBD as one of Naschy's weaker films, but it's actually one of my favourites. It plays out like a gialli, plus has the usual '70s euro-horror trappings.

Sorry to hear you didn't care much for Ganja & Hess; although it would be very boring if we all liked the same things all of the time!
troggi likes this.
Old 12th May 2013, 08:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'm glad that TCTAP will find a spot on your list. A lot of people cite BEOTBD as one of Naschy's weaker films, but it's actually one of my favourites. It plays out like a gialli, plus has the usual '70s euro-horror trappings.

Sorry to hear you didn't care much for Ganja & Hess; although it would be very boring if we all liked the same things all of the time!
Oh wait, is BEOTBD the one where he's a visitor to a mansion with two sisters or something? And there's a scene with them perving over him chopping wood topless ? If it is, I didn't like that one either . . .

Yeah I liked GAH in places, but I found it all a bit too aimless and rambling. I could see how others would see that as the films strengths though . . .
troggi likes this.
Old 12th May 2013, 09:06 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Oh wait, is BEOTBD the one where he's a visitor to a mansion with two sisters or something? And there's a scene with them perving over him chopping wood topless ? If it is, I didn't like that one either . . .
Yes, that's the one!

Quote:
Yeah I liked GAH in places, but I found it all a bit too aimless and rambling. I could see how others would see that as the films strengths though . . .
I'm a pretty aimless and rambling sort of guy... everything's starting to make sense!
Slippery Jack and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!