Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2010, 05:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
I enjoyed Ninja Assassin for what it was. But i can wholeheartedly see why the majority of movie fans hated it. The use of CG blood in the later Dead movies was horrible and unnecessary.
It's ruining movies completely in my view .... it it far too unconvincing and off-putting. I really can't see the movie makers making a u-turn on CGI blood and gore effects as surely it is so much cheaper and re-work is so much easier.

Old 20th June 2010, 05:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
It's ruining movies completely in my view .... it it far too unconvincing and off-putting. I really can't see the movie makers making a u-turn on CGI blood and gore effects as surely it is so much cheaper and re-work is so much easier.

It's also easier to release a PG-13 vesion of a movie and take the CG gore out, and then reinstate it for an Unrated release.
Old 20th June 2010, 05:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
It's also easier to release a PG-13 vesion of a movie and take the CG gore out, and then reinstate it for an Unrated release.
Good point!

Reminds me of the old Megadrive SNES videogame versions of Mortal Kombat when you could turn the gore on and off with a code!!!
Old 20th June 2010, 06:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Good point!

Reminds me of the old Megadrive SNES videogame versions of Mortal Kombat when you could turn the gore on and off with a code!!!
I remember those days!
Old 20th June 2010, 07:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I remember those days!
Not sure they were good old days tho Way .. and it appears we are going back to them!
Old 21st June 2010, 09:23 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

In answer to your question, Marz,

Harvey and Bob Weinstein later to become the driving force behind Miramax Releasing (or 'Distribution' can't recall which exactly.).

There was also another name associated with The Burning i found quite amusing, one 'Corky Burger'! Ironic i thought for a film in which the killer is described early on as "A f*****' Big Mac overdone!".
Old 21st June 2010, 04:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

hi, dis here.seems a few people like my thread over mad man.there is also a lot of talk about the burning,which is even better than mad man and MAYBE better than the original friday?cropsy and jason are two of the best killers ever!
as for cgi i also agree that it is ruining films,and not just horror! lets hear more about the burning?
speak soon.
Old 21st June 2010, 04:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Burning is one of my favouite slashers, it shits in the face of the dreadful (IMO) Friday the 13th.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 21st June 2010, 05:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
The Burning is one of my favouite slashers, it shits in the face of the dreadful (IMO) Friday the 13th.
Errr...don't let Mrs. Voorhees hear that, loops!

Personally, I'd still take the original "Friday" over both, "The Burning" and "Madman".

And while I would consider "The Burning" to be the one delivering better as a straightforward horror flick, I think that "Madman" has more charm, being the overall more "likeable" movie of the two, partly because of its reknown faults.

I just hope they DON'T re-create the original's jacuzzi scene in the 3D redux!
Old 22nd June 2010, 09:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
I just hope they DON'T re-create the original's jacuzzi scene in the 3D redux!
Damn right and this putrid part of Madman is the only scene in the film i don't like for obvious reasons. Anybody here yet to see Madman Marz's original outing will know what Peter and i mean if or when they eventually catch the movie. It's a teeth-grindingly and mind-numbingly bad moment in an otherwise enjoyable little slasher imo.

I also like the blink 'n you'll miss it (him?) glimpses of the titular killer in Madman. A similar tactic also employed to good effect in the equally highly likeable Hell Night.

Like this? Share it using the links below!