Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2008, 10:59 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Thats true.
A small minority just cant see past the animal scenes and judge the film on these alone.
Old 2nd June 2008, 11:05 AM
Ex-member

Yeah, that's the talking point.
Old 2nd June 2008, 01:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

I only have the EC green cover version of Holocaust and the Grindhouse Ferox.

they do for my needs.
Old 2nd June 2008, 05:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I have about 3 different DVDs of this particular fave sitting on my shelf plus the old "Italian Gore Classics" laserdisc...so as long as I can't watch it in 3-D at home I'm more than satisfied regarding CH for the next decade or so.
Old 2nd June 2008, 09:16 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanner View Post
I'm the same, I had 3 uncut versions of Ferox, and 3 uncut versions of Cannibal Holocaust, I really like both films.
Because of the level of censorship/quality of these films it's almost vital getting the various editions to ensure that you get a decent edition.
Old 3rd June 2008, 03:04 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I'd love to have the Grindhouse release of Holocaust and the E.C Ultrabit release of Ferox, but as it is I've got the E.C version of Cannibal Holocaust (black cover/skull version), the Studio Media Madness (Holland) version of Holocaust and the Sazuma release of Ferox. I also had the Studio Media Madness release of Ferox, but a fine member of this forum took that off my hands.
Old 3rd June 2008, 06:46 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Because of the level of censorship/quality of these films it's almost vital getting the various editions to ensure that you get a decent edition.
T0 be honest steve, the best quality DVD picture wise was the CULT EPICS R3 version that I used to have, the picture was stunning, apparently it was mastered from one of their lazer discs...amazing.
Old 3rd June 2008, 06:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NossB View Post
The best way to judge for yourself is to see the movie rather than go by something on the BBFC website.

However checking for myself it does say "Contains strong bloody violence, some sexualised"

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...E?OpenDocument

But still, the only way to judge is to see it for yourself.
Noss, I watched the film over the weekend, the uncut UK DVD.

In regards to sexual violence the film is very tame eg there are no scenes that either eroticise or endorse sexual violence, which were the grounds for cutting Cannibal Holocaust. In fact all scenes of sexual violence in the film are extremely brief and lack detail eg no lingering focus on nudity. So as far as BBFC policy on sexual violence is concerned this film simply can't be compared with HOLOCAUST. As far as the non sexual violence is concerned, there are some shocking scenes but again the scenes are usually quite brief. To be honest I'm not surprised the BBFC passed it uncut because there was nothing really to cut. Probably the films most disturbing scene was the attempted rape of a child, but here you see only 2 quick shots of them tearing at her clothes. Nothing more is seen.

I did like the film by the way, very compelling.
Old 3rd June 2008, 08:57 AM
Ex-member

The ripping out of the foetus of the cannibal woman by her companions was pretty compelling.
Old 3rd June 2008, 02:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

There's a similar scene in Black Sun.

Like this? Share it using the links below!