Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2011, 07:21 PM
Ex-member

Default Nightmare In A Damaged Brain - The Code Red Release

That interview in Italian only is stupid
especially as the Yanks are always having Eng soundtracks and Eng subs on non Eng speaking films
e.g. ICHI THE KILLER, HIGH TENSION etc.
so why no subs on an interview?
Old 11th July 2011, 07:27 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

If you look through the previous posts you'll find the answer.
Keep in mind that Code Red is only a very small company.
Old 11th July 2011, 07:35 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
If you look through the previous posts you'll find the answer.
Keep in mind that Code Red is only a very small company.
Other small companies get it right
Old 11th July 2011, 08:15 PM
Cult Addict

The interview screw up is still pretty poor admittedly, especially when software is availaible cheaply to do subtitling on home pc.

There are tons of people out there subtitling anime shows for nothing more than fandom, it isnt an expensive process regardless what people say. I suspect it has more to do with code red needing the product out there.
Old 11th July 2011, 08:25 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
The interview screw up is still pretty poor admittedly, especially when software is availaible cheaply to do subtitling on home pc.

There are tons of people out there subtitling anime shows for nothing more than fandom, it isnt an expensive process regardless what people say. I suspect it has more to do with code red needing the product out there.
I agree and the interview is an important extra as regards to telling his POV of film, if he actually does!?
But the subs could of easily been made available, shit, Code Red have had plenty of time over the years for the release of this dvd
Old 11th July 2011, 08:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Someone was subbing it for free, in their free time. That person didn't come through with the subs, however... This person had over a year too. I even offered to transcribe/time them once they were done, but no luck.
Old 12th July 2011, 07:26 AM
Cult Addict

Give it sixth months tops and the interview wil turn up on some torrent site fan-subbed.

I wont get it as i prefer to pay for my movies and I will always support a company like code red that brings us great movies under sometimes adverse conditions.

I dont want to be harsh on them, but I just can't see the logic of sticking a 90 minute interview in italian language on the disc!
Old 12th July 2011, 09:43 AM
Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Give it sixth months tops and the interview wil turn up on some torrent site fan-subbed.

I wont get it as i prefer to pay for my movies and I will always support a company like code red that brings us great movies under sometimes adverse conditions.

I dont want to be harsh on them, but I just can't see the logic of sticking a 90 minute interview in italian language on the disc!
I offered to do it way back in July 2010 for basically nothing (ie $100 or some DVD's) would have only taken me a weekend or so - I was doing other Italian subs at the time so was in the zone ;-) and could have had it done very easily.
Got told someone else was doing it but they would come back to me if it didn't work out - never heard another thing about it - oh well!
Old 12th July 2011, 10:13 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It seems a real shame they didn't get back to you, Nick. The work you do for HRP is excellent and I'm surprised Code Red didn't jump at the chance to have you do the subtitling for the interview.

It's disappointing for everyone except those who are fluent in Italian -- you'll be okay!
Old 12th July 2011, 11:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Mine arrived today Going to give it a spin tonight, although I have no idea which of the three versions I will watch.
bdc likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!