Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1980's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2009, 12:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Ha back when this movie was released on VHS a friend rented this for his Birthday and we got Romeros SEASON OF THE WITCH Instead,UGH!
Old 10th January 2009, 10:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
Ha back when this movie was released on VHS a friend rented this for his Birthday and we got Romeros SEASON OF THE WITCH Instead,UGH!
Yes a boring film to say the least !.Mind you when I first saw Halloween 3 censored on the Thorn EMI tape I was disappointed as like others I was expecting a Myer's sequel.I began to appreciate it more as I got older & when I saw the virtually uncut BBC 1 screenings.
Old 10th January 2009, 04:47 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That EMI artwork was the dogs bollocks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b2f3_1.jpg (18.2 KB, 11 views)

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th March 2010, 08:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I've never been much of a fan of the Halloween series (compared to Friday 13th series and the Nightmare on Elm Streets). I do like this no.3 a lot though. It is truly off the wall, 80s in a big way and Tom Atkins is a really underrated actor (much like Gary Busey! check out King's Silver Bullet). This feels more like a Carpenter film than the rest of the series, because of its wierdness and uneasy atmosphere! I can't really say a bad word about this film.

OK that bloody Shamrock TV commercial song is inanely repetitive!
Old 29th March 2010, 07:44 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
OK that bloody Shamrock TV commercial song is inanely repetitive!
216 days to Halloween,Halloween,Halloween.216 days to Halloween,Silver Shamrock!

You can't go wrong with Halloween III.Some great gore effects in the uncut version,a really good score,a fantastically downbeat ending (I want to find out one day what happened!) and Tom Atkins is the king of cool.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:01 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I'd like to know how a substantially large portion of Stonehenge was smuggled from fair Wiltshire to the USA without anyone noticing. Did Jordan hide it down her front?

Great fun film. A shame the UK home releases have been so messy.
Old 29th March 2010, 11:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Universal R1 release is still the way to go if you want a decent uncut version of Halloween III.It still remains my favourite out of ALL the Halloween sequels, even though it's got nothing to do with Michael Myers.
Old 29th March 2010, 01:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I have always loved this film ever since I first saw it on a Thorn-EMI pre-cert back when I was 14. My friends were distressed by the lack of Michael Myers, but I loved the new story. I also loved the novelisation by Dennis Etchison, which retained more of Nigel Kneale's original script from what I remember.

Kneale himself may have been livid at the adaptation, but the premise is unmistakeably his work! And it's a brilliant "mad toymaker" story even stripped of Kneale's pagan cult elements.

I can't help but think that the film has suffered unfairly at the hands of critics who simply didn't get it. You rarely see a good or even friendly review of it. It's clearly a better film than Halloween II and wonderfully dark with a superb Tom Atkins performance.

I like it!
Old 29th March 2010, 01:24 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
My friends were distressed by the lack of Michael Myers
Myers appears of a sort. He can be spotted on the TV screen (showing Halloween), and Dick Warlock (Myers in Halloween II) is the hospital killer. One of Michael's original victims is also Tom Atkins's wife.

(paltry connections but as close as I can get)
Old 29th March 2010, 02:44 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It would have been Interesting to see Carpenter's plans for a completely unconnected series of Halloween movies.At the very least we would never had to suffer Halloween:Resurrection

Like this? Share it using the links below!