Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd January 2011, 01:53 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
Forgot about Three Extremes too...

Have you seen the feature length Dumplings, blob? Very good, imo.
Yeah, I actually bought that before I bought the whole of Three Extremes. That and Going Nowhere on Three are my two faves I think.
Old 28th March 2014, 05:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I really liked this decade. Some of my favourite horror films were released at that time in the form of Dog Soldiers, The Descent, Hatchet, Saw (all of them pretty much), Land of the Dead, Cabin Fever, Hostel I and II... Probably forgeting a few but thats from the top of my head.
Old 29th March 2014, 09:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I think the best of the decade definitely came from Korea. I don't rate much of the Western stuff I've seen from the noughties; the remakes that I bothered to watch (not many ) were dire, wasn't much of a fan of Saw and its million sequels, not much of a fan of Guillermo del Toro's stuff, 28 days later... Ugh! THE DESCENT didn't do anything for me, nor did TRICK R TREAT. LET THE RIGHT ONE IN was ok, I appreciated the atmosphere. One film I liked was HOUSE OF THE DEVIL, but the 80s setting helped that one, hehe. DAGON, DRAG ME TO HELL, THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE were others I enjoyed but I'm really struggling to think of many more and none really wowed me.

In all honesty I think I've seen and liked more US & Brit horror movies made between 2010-2014 than the entire '00 decade But if you ask me, bring back the 80s and 90s

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 1st April 2014, 12:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
But if you ask me, bring back the 80s and 90s
But leave the music and the fashions back there....
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!