Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2010, 05:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
That's quite hefty even by MPAA standards. I never thought this would get a 15 due to the very nature of the subject matter. Be interesting to see what the BBFC make of it though.
Having just spoken to the director he mentions that I Spit on Your Grave now has an R and an unrated version - but the hope is the unrated version will go to cinemas.

Melonfarmers, which I rarely if ever visit, is a strange one: any web site which campaigns against Ofcom is in the same company as Rupert Murdoch and members of the present government: remember no Ofcom would lead to a right wing, Fox News-style channel.

Hardly liberal.

And as I've always said, no one is really, completely, 100% anti-censorship. I'm suspicious of those who claim they are. The world is not "black" and "white".

Last edited by Calum; 2nd July 2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 2nd July 2010, 06:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase View Post
i saw the trailer and instantly didnt like the look of it i just know its going to end up being as crappy as last house on the left, black christmas, my bloody valentine remakes.
I disagree on Last House remake.
That was one of the better remakes out there.

BC and MBV were terrible though.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 2nd July 2010, 08:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I disagree on Last House remake.
That was one of the better remakes out there.
My favourite US "retro horror" remake of the past decade
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:44 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase View Post
i saw the trailer and instantly didnt like the look of it i just know its going to end up being as crappy as last house on the left, black christmas, my bloody valentine remakes.
I disagree about the My Bloody Valentine remake, one of my favourite remakes. A true retro remake, had all the ingredients of those fun slashers from the 80's + Tom Atkins! I also enjoyed the Last House remake.
Old 4th July 2010, 01:23 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by it'smebilly View Post
I disagree about the My Bloody Valentine remake, one of my favourite remakes. A true retro remake, had all the ingredients of those fun slashers from the 80's + Tom Atkins! I also enjoyed the Last House remake.
MBV remake made me cringe.
The original is such a classic and a good movie that the remake was like spitting all over it. It was a mess.

On the other hand, Last House original was not the greatest of movies so remake made things better so in that case it worked.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th July 2010, 12:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think the original LHOTL's a classic. I got the remake but aint got round to watching it yet.
Old 5th July 2010, 01:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

ive totaled hated any remake ive seen
so i wasnt keen on watching lhotl remake
but i watched it on one of the sky films few wk back and even tho it wasnt fantastic i was surprised to how good and i fairly enjoyed it, def 1 of the best remakes so far
Old 5th July 2010, 05:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

i think there is going to be a lot more remakes over the years! some good and some not so good,but need to watch them just to make comparisons.
the only remake i have liked/loved is the thing.never knew when i first watched it that it was originaly made in the 60s, "the thing from another world".
think people who like horror and are in there early 20s may like the remakes,but not the originals like lhotl,tcm,friday etc,etc.
but has for isoyg,i have seen the trailer and must admit i dont think it looks good!
Old 5th July 2010, 05:51 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I think the original LHOTL's a classic. I got the remake but aint got round to watching it yet.
It's definitely worth a look, Vips. It's one of the best remakes so far, IMO. Very nasty and uncompromising, I was quite surprised at the viciousness and brutality of it. Not as sleazy and uncomfortable as the original, but it certainly goes for the jugular and doesn't pull its punches. I was quite impressed.
Old 5th July 2010, 10:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT Remake was TERRIBLE.What I get a kick out of is the house isnt even on the left in the film.How do you manage to screw something like that up .This little nugget of info is even in the title.

Like this? Share it using the links below!