LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th July 2009, 06:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
Doesn't "A Warrior's Journey" contain footage from "Game Of Death" not used in the cinema release? It's been a while since I watched that as the footage is shown in full on the HKL release.
Yeah but the footage in The HKL GoD dvd is edited slightly different/bettter picture quality and also has different music and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Bey Logan provided the voice for bruce lee in the footage and John Little provided it in the Warriors Journey version
Old 9th July 2009, 07:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

BTW: The search has ended as I'll be soon receiving my sought after "Game of Death" DVD! This trade section is great! Thanks for the useful info. I'll revisit my "Enter the Dragen "SE before "Game of Death" will arrive on my doorstep.
Old 16th August 2009, 09:59 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
You'll be very lucky to pick this one up cheap now. Most of the HKL releases are pricy since they folded.
Damn right and when HKL were still around i recall HMV selling many of their DVDs (including those 2-disc Platinum editions) for some nice prices. However, as soon as the company took a nosedive the same store shot the costs up sky high and so far have not lowered them again, bar the odd title or two. Pure greed no other words for it imo.
Old 18th August 2009, 11:19 AM
Ex-member

HKL released some great films with some nice extras, their in-house trailers were a bit dodgy though.
Old 21st September 2009, 10:28 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

I like to think many of those HKL titles will be quite collectable now.

Especially if the exclusive extras on the DVDs aren't used again on any other release.
Old 21st September 2009, 10:31 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I hope so, I spent the best part of the early noughties collecting these bad boys! They were the first label to get me hooked! I'd blindly buy there releases, didn't matter that I had no idea what the film would be about!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 21st September 2009, 11:01 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

I've pretty much got sealed back up copies of all my fave HKL DVDs.
Both initial and Platinum editions in some cases. I particularly like those vintage TV spots used in the first The Way Of The Dragon release. I'm not 100% sure but i think those extras aren't available on any other DVD version of the film thus making this HKL DVD worth having imo.

The subsequent Platinum edition 2-disc set of TWOTD apparently came and gone quick as a flash so i would imagine this release is even more collectable.
Old 21st September 2009, 11:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I had quite a few HK Legened's releases but got rid of them. I'm sorry i did now.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 21st September 2009, 11:15 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah, their Bruce Lee collection is a beautiful thing! I regret not grabbing the boxset they released, but I do have the individual releases... even grabbed Game of Death 2, which is a shocking film, but given a great release!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 21st September 2009, 11:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

I've noticed it's also quite depressing for us kung fu fans how much the martial arts DVD sections have decreased in my two local branches of HMV in Newcastle and Gateshead. This sad situation only seems to have occured since HKL shut up shop.

There's still a fair few HKL titles for sale on HMV's shelves but like i said previously the prices are now sky high compared to when the much missed DVD company was still going. I had an inkling back then that maybe HKL wasn't going to be around for much longer and that made me keep the DVDs i purchased and already owned. Certainly glad i did!

Like this? Share it using the links below!