Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite "James Bond" actor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite "James Bond" actor?

Like Tree31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2011, 12:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Roger Moore & Timothy Dalton are my 2 favourite Bond actors, for different reasons.

Roger Moore is just a class act. Super actor, totally tongue-in-cheek. I wouldn't call him slimy at all, but very smooth. He added levity to the roles and some much needed entertainment. Many of Connery's films were too serious for their own good. And I only began to really like Connery after he hit 50, grew a beard and had roles in films like THE NAME OF THE ROSE, INDY JONES LAST CRUSADE, JUST CAUSE, etc

Dalton on the other hand was probably the most talented actor ever to play Bond. He should really be a much bigger name than he is.
Prince_Vajda likes this.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 12th November 2011, 12:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'd like to pose a question, inspired by the suggestion of David Warbeck, the New Zealander, as Bond... If an American HAD to play the role of Bond (sacrilege, I know ) who would you most like it to be?

I would pick either...

TOM SELLECK
CHRISTOPHER GEORGE
HARRISON FORD

Old 13th November 2011, 09:34 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I wouldn't mind seeing Clive Owen tackle the part of Bond and i think he'd be better in the role than Craig.

Also, where non-British actors are concerned Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman and a fame-era Mel Gibson before controversy caused his career to crumble.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:09 AM
Cult Acolyte

I like Tim Doltan because he was in the 1st Bond film I watched - Licence To Kill but in general I can't get away with Moore.

So my faves are in this order

Sean Connery
Piearce Brosnon
Tim Doltan
Daniel Craig
George Lazenby
Roger Moore
Old 13th November 2011, 10:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Dalton was great and very underrated, my third favourite after Connery and Craig. I do like Moore and Brosnan but in both cases, the last of their films were two of the worst of the series.

Lazenby is my least favourite even though I love OHMSS. Would have been even better had Connery been in the film.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:31 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
I do like Moore and Brosnan but in both cases, the last of their films were two of the worst of the series.
No way... A VIEW TO A KILL was an absolute classic!! A film starring Roger Moore, Patrick Macnee as well as Grace Jones and Christopher Walken as 2 psychopaths, could never be anything less than utterly brilliant!

Old 13th November 2011, 10:38 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

A View to a Kill is a fun movie for sure, it has a really kitschy appeal, but it's a pretty lousy Bond film. Jones is wooden beyond belief and Walken is extremely hammy. Moore comes off worse though, it really was a case of a sequel too far, as he looks way too old and his scenes with Tanya Roberts come across as being more than a little creepy!
oaxaca likes this.
Old 14th November 2011, 05:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
A View to a Kill is a fun movie for sure. Moore comes off worse though, it really was a case of a sequel too far, as he looks way too old and his scenes with Tanya Roberts come across as being more than a little creepy!
Gotta agree with you there and it's painfully obvious Moore is doubled during the fight scenes too if i recall rightly. Good Duran Duran theme though imo and isn't a pre-fame Dolph Lundgren also supposed to have a bit-part in the film or am i wrong?
Old 14th November 2011, 07:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Lundgren is in a scene at a racetrack, don't recall him speaking. He was at the time going out with Grace Jones, so you can see the connection!

As for the obvious use of a stunt man, the scene in which Bond flies around The streets of Paris on an increasingly trashed Renault 11, you can blatantly see a double, complete with Ace Ventura-style quiff!
Old 15th November 2011, 08:30 PM
Cultist

Cool

*looks at username*

It's got to be Dalton, The Living Daylights & Licence To Kill represent my #1 and #2 favourite Bond films. As a big fan of Dalton both as an actor and a Bond, I can say without any doubt, that we were robbed of more Bond films. Given how little he aged, I believe that he could have continued as Bond through the 1990's, turning 54 (though looking still in his 40's) in 1998. We would then enter a new millenium with James Purefoy (who screentested for Bond in 1994) as Bond in 2000.

Ranking the actors...?

1. Dalton
2. Connery
-----
3. Moore
-----
4. Brosnan
5. Lazenby
-----
6. Craig

Oh, and Warbeck as Bond? Yes, I agree. The David Warbeck era: 1974 - 1985. Yes, am a Bond geek enough to have created my own Bond timeline (actos, films and years).
oaxaca likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!