Old 23rd April 2012, 07:39 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Not one for subtitles anyway!

Would Shogun Assassin be the same without the dodgy dubbing and the Sandra Bernhard voiceover?
Heathen!!
Old 23rd April 2012, 07:43 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Bloody Heathen!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 24th April 2012, 10:51 AM
Ex-member

Question

Apologies for intruding, but was wondering if anyone knows if Arrow have any intentions to release the 6 LONE WOLF & CUB films onto Blu-ray anytime soon please?

I already own the Eureka Entertainment SHOGUN ASSASSIN Steelbook, which is nice, but I'd love to own the original movies in full 1080p HD!

Go on, Arrow, spoil us Japanophiles rotten..., please?
Old 24th April 2012, 11:35 AM
Active Cultist

presumably if anyone releases them on blu it will be the ever reliable eureka? i'd love to see arrow service us japanophiles more though. more miike! and maybe some teruo ishii, or ishii takashi films..an uncut gonin would be dreamy! or some of sion sono's older stuff..or naked blood! that one rules. i'm just rambling here, please dont direct me to the foreign releases of these movies, i know they exist i just want to see it all released in the uk.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
presumably if anyone releases them on blu it will be the ever reliable eureka? i'd love to see arrow service us japanophiles more though. more miike! and maybe some teruo ishii, or ishii takashi films..an uncut gonin would be dreamy! or some of sion sono's older stuff..or naked blood! that one rules. i'm just rambling here, please dont direct me to the foreign releases of these movies, i know they exist i just want to see it all released in the uk.
Eureka told me they have no plans to release a BD set, as the dvd set wasn't a big seller. The cost to produce the BD's means they wouldn't see a great return.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:23 PM
Active Cultist

interesting..i might just go ahead and pick up their dvd set then. thanks for the heads up
Old 24th April 2012, 01:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Eureka told me they have no plans to release a BD set, as the dvd set wasn't a big seller. The cost to produce the BD's means they wouldn't see a great return.
I thought as much so it looks like September's U.S. BR set is the way to go.

Just for the record i own Eureka's complete LWAC collection and SA HD steelbook as well as Artsmagic's 'The Wolf Pack' compilation. Madman Entertainment's Aussie R4 DVD box set, Animego's dubbed U.S. collection and singular releases. Lastly, Denmark's AWE edition of SA.
Old 24th April 2012, 01:14 PM
Active Cultist

is there ways to find out what euerka do or dont plan to reissue on bluray? there's a load of eureka dvds i want to buy but im holding off incase they suddenly release a duel format. particularly i'm interested in the japanese masters of cinema stuff like onibaba, the naked island, kwaiden, kureneko, the face of another etc. i'd really appriciate any help on that my amazon buy button finger is twitchy but i need to know before taking the plunge thanks.
Old 24th April 2012, 03:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

If there's any French natives on here, I have a complete LWAC set, Japanese language with French subtitles. I didn't realise there was no English when I bought it!

I've never seen the box set anywhere in the world, I can't even find it on the internet. It's not a bootleg, it's released by Wild Side Video. The only complete release I seem to be able to find by them is this one - News: Baby Cart : L'intégrale (FR - DVD R2) - DVDActive - which was €100 at release and now is around the €220 mark.

This seems to be the nearest one (same style artwork etc), but it's two seperate volumes, whereas mine is one volume.

http://www.amazon.fr/Baby-Cart-Vol-v.../dp/B0000E2PBH

Baby Cart, vol. 2: Amazon.fr: DVD & Blu-ray

These have indidual super thin DVD cases, whereas mine are in cotton envelopes (like Japanese CD's) inside a fat DVD case like the Shameless Slasher Nasties one, but clear.

Anyway, I'll get to the point, if anybody wants to buy it, I'm happy to sell as it's pretty useless to me!
Old 24th April 2012, 03:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think I'll end up picking up the Animeigo original BD set after it's released but definitely a weird decision to put all the other 4 films on one disc with the SA BD box. Supposedly the PQ is still okay but I hope they don't do that with Lone Wolf and Cub.

Like this? Share it using the links below!