Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2012, 12:08 PM
Active Cultist

I'm a closet sucker for Ninja flicks I thought Ninja Assassin and 2009's Ninja were great fun,and I also bought the German Ascot Blu-ray of Revenge of the Ninja.Too bad Pray for Death is not on their catalogue,this would be a good choice for Arrow to pick up.There's great ninja battles in the immortal Lone Wolf & Cub films too.I could watch a lot more,but not the really cheesy ones,like Ninja III,man was that dumb.1995's The Hunted was all right,although it did shy away a bit with the carnage.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:51 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani View Post
I'm a closet sucker for Ninja flicks I thought Ninja Assassin and 2009's Ninja were great fun,and I also bought the German Ascot Blu-ray of Revenge of the Ninja.Too bad Pray for Death is not on their catalogue,this would be a good choice for Arrow to pick up.There's great ninja battles in the immortal Lone Wolf & Cub films too.I could watch a lot more,but not the really cheesy ones,like Ninja III,man was that dumb.1995's The Hunted was all right,although it did shy away a bit with the carnage.
Always great to see a fellow ninja enthusiast (who isnt?!). Great suggestions there - I'll make sure we'll include them in the next part, Jani!
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 4th April 2018, 06:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Five Elements Ninjas (1982, Chang Cheh)

Easily the bloodiest non horror Shaw Bros film that I have seen. To describe a rather generic premise would do a disservice to the sheer gall of this film. I actually enjoyed watching the non anamorphic print ... which added to it, as this is how I remember them from late night Channel 4 screenings

There is a bit which could go up for the 'ninjest' sequence of all to boot.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 4th April 2018 at 07:03 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!