Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree561Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2012, 07:16 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Understandably, it's going to be a tough re-adjustment for some with Arrow gone, especially as they dominated a large chunk of the forum for some people. I, like many others, joined the forum long before Arrow were even a mere stirring in fan's underpants, and have never seen them as the reason to be here. They are but a small section on an ever-expanding, ever-changing cult forum catering for all manner of things.

Yes, it may have been pretty much Arrow and Shameless for a while, but look around now at all the various sections and labels promoted here: Studio Canal's Hammer releases, Prisoner, Twilight Zone, The Damage Depot, Cult Arts, plus dozens of other cult releases like The Raid, Ninja Scroll, American Mary etc. with the welcome inclusion of 88 Films (and who knows how many other labels and releases in the future), there's no reason to fret.

Out with the old; in with the new etc.

Also, there's nothing stopping anyone discussing/promoting Arrow on this site of their own accord. The threads are all intact and open for conversation, and there's no reason why anyone who wishes to, can't post new releases and information when and if it is announced by Arrow via their Twitter and Facebook etc. The only thing that will change is that you won't see any promotion of new releases by Cult Labs' staff (no artwork polls, specs, and we are looking at removing the 'Why Don't Arrow Release' threads).
Old 14th December 2012, 07:24 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Understandably, it's going to be a tough re-adjustment for some with Arrow gone, especially as they dominated a large chunk of the forum for some people. I, like many others, joined the forum long before Arrow were even a mere stirring in fan's underpants, and have never seen them as the reason to be here. They are but a small section on an ever-expanding, ever-changing cult forum catering for all manner of things.

Yes, it may have been pretty much Arrow and Shameless for a while, but look around now at all the various sections and labels promoted here: Studio Canal's Hammer releases, Prisoner, Twilight Zone, The Damage Depot, Cult Arts, plus dozens of other cult releases like The Raid, Ninja Scroll, American Mary etc. with the welcome inclusion of 88 Films (and who knows how many other labels and releases in the future), there's no reason to fret.

Out with the old; in with the new etc.

Also, there's nothing stopping anyone discussing/promoting Arrow on this site of their own accord. The threads are all intact and open for conversation, and there's no reason why anyone who wishes to, can't post new releases and information when and if it is announced by Arrow via their Twitter and Facebook etc. The only thing that will change is that you won't see any promotion of new releases by Cult Labs' staff (no artwork polls, specs, and we are looking at removing the 'Why Don't Arrow Release' threads).
So would people still be allowed to make new threads in the Arrow section, like say reporting announcments, specs and artworks in the Current and Upcoming section?

Also will there be an official announcment from either parties detailing why they separated? Or is just best to leave it?

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 14th December 2012, 07:26 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Is there any specific reason why we are not supporting Arrow now Almar. I'm gutted i loved the old settings.
Other way around Ken - the label has evolved and they're moving on they tell us and we wish them the best so you'd want to take this up with them - I know they feel their Facebook is a good way to communicate and I'm sure they'll keep the news and feedback flowing on there. Here we'll have to move on as well and we are and hope to keep you and others on here.
Rik and darthelvis like this.
Old 14th December 2012, 07:30 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
So would people still be allowed to make new threads in the Arrow section, like say reporting announcments, specs and artworks in the Current and Upcoming section??
Of course! It'd be the same way we treat the other threads for distributors (Scream Factory, Eureka etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Also will there be an official announcment from either parties detailing why they separated? Or is just best to leave it?
I wouldn't like to say for definite (as I'm not 100% sure!), but no, I don't think they'll be any official announcement. Arrow have made their decision, and we, and Cult Labs will carry on promoting, discussing, and expanding into 2013 and beyond!
VicDakin, Rik and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 14th December 2012, 07:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

I joined the forum a few years ago after seeing the Cult-Labs advert on the Dawn of the Dead blu ray and have never looked back. The forum is a great place for discussing new cult releases, TV and music and isn't going to change now that Arrow have stepped out.

This is the only film forum I post on and thanks to this site I have made some great new friends that I wouldn't have had it not been for it.

So I would just like to tip my hat and sideburns to the great Cult-Labs forum and say thank you and long may it continue!

Also a big welcome to 88 films! The Puppet Master blu's will be mine very soon, oh yes!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 14th December 2012, 07:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Default Are Arrow Video no longer associated with Cult Labs?

This doesn't seem to be an official forum anymore, and it's been moved off to the Horror section. Is this the case?
Old 14th December 2012, 07:42 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Threads merged.
Old 14th December 2012, 07:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
I joined the forum a few years ago after seeing the Cult-Labs advert on the Dawn of the Dead blu ray and have never looked back. The forum is a great place for discussing new cult releases, TV and music and isn't going to change now that Arrow have stepped out.

This is the only film forum I post on and thanks to this site I have made some great new friends that I wouldn't have had it not been for it.

So I would just like to tip my hat and sideburns to the great Cult-Labs forum and say thank you and long may it continue!

Also a big welcome to 88 films! The Puppet Master blu's will be mine very soon, oh yes!
Well said! While I'm a tad gutted about losing Arrow, I think I'll take it upon myself to make some nice threads whenever there is an announcment made.

And I also believe that I have 3 Puppter Master blu rays in my Dads cupboard waiting for Christmas. From the trailers I saw on YouTube, quality transfers!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 14th December 2012, 08:23 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
This doesn't seem to be an official forum anymore, and it's been moved off to the Horror section. Is this the case?
Yes, that's whats hapened. Cult Labs is no longer the official forum for Arrow Video.
Old 14th December 2012, 08:25 AM
Cult Addict

RIP Arrow Forum. My Cat'O'Nine Tails BD 2011 - Zombie Flesh Eaters 2012.
'Sniff'

LONG LOVE 88FILMS!
fuzzymctiger likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!