Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree561Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2012, 08:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
RIP Arrow Forum. My Cat'O'Nine Tails BD 2011 - Zombie Flesh Eaters 2012.
'Sniff'

LONG LOVE 88FILMS!
My Dawn Of The Dead DVD set Sept 2011 - Zombie Flesh Eaters Slipcase Yesterday.

BUT I SHALL STILL STRIVE, AND CONTINUE TO PURCHASE ARROW!!

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 14th December 2012, 08:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Gutted They seemed to take notice of a lot of our opinions too, even small things like the border colour of original artwork . Some licenses I wonder if they'd even have bothered with if it wasn't for requests here (Pieces, etc). It's worrying if it's facebook they're going to take notice of from now on, as the amount of people predicting hugely commercial horror films that already had solid Blu-ray releases in the UK and that Arrow had no hope of getting, were depressing. Sad times .
Old 14th December 2012, 08:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
Well said! While I'm a tad gutted about losing Arrow, I think I'll take it upon myself to make some nice threads whenever there is an announcment made.

And I also believe that I have 3 Puppter Master blu rays in my Dads cupboard waiting for Christmas. From the trailers I saw on YouTube, quality transfers!
I just stumbled upon 88 Films myself and definitely want those Puppet Master Blus, I recommend you pick up Castle Freak as well...highly under-rated film.
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 14th December 2012, 08:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
I just stumbled upon 88 Films myself and definitely want those Puppet Master Blus, I recommend you pick up Castle Freak as well...highly under-rated film.
I'll probably get Castle Freak and Subpecies around my birthday next year, and defiantly getting Intruder (If it ever comes out!)
Criterion7 likes this.

Old 14th December 2012, 08:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I'll probably get Castle Freak and Subpecies around my birthday next year, and defiantly getting Intruder (If it ever comes out!)
If the Intruder movie is the Scott Speigel uncut version its definitely worth picking up when it comes out. I think Synapse put it out over here. I'd pick up the 88 films blu of it in a second.
Old 14th December 2012, 10:45 AM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

Out with the old; in with the new etc.

).
I don't think we could call 'Arrow' old. They are still one of the leading firms in the UK releasing great titles. However from what I have read here it seems it was there choice. So goodluck to them.
Old 14th December 2012, 10:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
I don't think we could call 'Arrow' old. They are still one of the leading firms in the UK releasing great titles. However from what I have read here it seems it was there choice. So goodluck to them.
From the looks of their most recent announcments, I honestly think that they might be trying to get away from the whole sleaze and gore side of things, between the laying off of Melton, and the starting of action, foreign (like Lady Snowblood), and softcore titles. But then again, I may be wrong, as High Rising has said that nearly Arrows whole catalog next year is horror.

Maybe Zombie Flesh Eaters was the big final sign off to the Cult Labs fans, like saying "You've begged for it, and as a thanks for being great fans, we'll give it to you as a going away gift"

Or maybe I'm reading into too much. I keep forgetting that they're still going to be releasing, it just feels like they're gone.

Old 14th December 2012, 11:00 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
I meant 'old' from a Cult Labs promotional point of view. Arrow is indeed still going strong, and I look forward to their 2013 release schedule.
Old 14th December 2012, 11:16 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Although i never bought every Arrow release, far from it actually, this site has persuaded me to give a shot to Arrow releases i would never normally have before such as Combat Shock.

This was down to the way the website ran, choosing covers etc. I'm sure others are in the same boat as myself. Without the Cult Labs brainwashing they will be lucky if i purchase anything i don't know of already in the future.

I hope their facebook users are as dedicated as some of the members here or they may (i stress may) end up with egg on their faces.

A big welcome to 88 Films from me.

I haven't picked up any of their releases as of yet, but i do remember Slave Girls From Beyond Infinity, Beach Babes From Beyond and SeedPeople from the dim and distant vhs days so i will probably pick them up in January.
Old 14th December 2012, 11:27 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Or maybe I'm reading into too much. I keep forgetting that they're still going to be releasing, it just feels like they're gone.
Wow. It's really affected you!

I don't see what the big deal is really.

I've always been about films not labels. We can still discuss films here. We'll still find out what relevant films are being released by whatever label and we will still discuss them. The presence or not of specific labels doesn't mean much to me to be honest. Cult Labs is Cult Labs no matter which labels stump up to be promoted specifically here.

Like this? Share it using the links below!