Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree561Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2012, 11:30 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Sad to see them go, and since I hate everything Facebook, and will never join it again, I hope that some news will still leak into this forum.
Old 14th December 2012, 11:39 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
The presence or not of specific labels doesn't mean much to me to be honest. Cult Labs is Cult Labs no matter which labels stump up to be promoted specifically here.
Totally agree.
Old 14th December 2012, 12:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think people will be missing the interactive side of it, picking covers etc, but to be honest, since the slipcase vote fiasco, I'm not sure how much input they actually took from here towards the end anyway.
Pete, Steel76, LoBo and 2 others like this.
Old 14th December 2012, 01:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Wow. It's really affected you!

I don't see what the big deal is really.

I've always been about films not labels. We can still discuss films here. We'll still find out what relevant films are being released by whatever label and we will still discuss them. The presence or not of specific labels doesn't mean much to me to be honest. Cult Labs is Cult Labs no matter which labels stump up to be promoted specifically here.
I don't see it as overreacting at all. I think it's a huge deal, personally. It's a closure of an open dialogue between Arrow and the types of people who are most able to shape and advise on a release to best suit its target, as we are very much that target.

They have Facebook, but looking at some of the bewildering comments (several people have suggested they license A Nightmare On Elm Street...) I can't help but feel they're going to lose so much from this. The opening to The Beyond is a perfect example. If Cult Labs never existed would they have bothered to seek out the sepia opening, or stuck with the monochrome, despite the mistake at the presses, it had always seemed to be the intention, until heavily requested, and check discs seem to confirm that.

There's so much inane casual nonsense on their Facebook, there's bound to be at least a little of worth lost. The great thing about this place is they had a superb team of people working to sieve the nonsense from the important (as they are, again, very much the target audience) and relay that directly to Arrow.
Old 14th December 2012, 04:54 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

So, basically, Arrow built their rep via Cult Labs and the people on these forums and now they're too big and too important for us and have pissed off? Seems about right.

Am I bothered? Not at all. Good luck to them. I'm too big and too important for them as well.

With Second Sight and 88 Films also taking a slice of the UK genre pie, Arrow will need all the promotion they can get as they jostle in the marketplace with their competitors. Moving off Cult Labs was a bad move and makes way for the promoting of their competitors. I'm sure someone at Arrow thinks they know what they're doing, but they don't. Silly and damaging business decision. I know for a fact that most forums across the net get their Arrow info from these very forums, not Facebook - so that promotional avenue is likely to dry up rather sharpish and may (I stress may) cause a decline in sales.
Old 14th December 2012, 05:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
DEY IZ IMBARASED OV DA LABS. BURN EM WIV FIRE AIDS!
Actually, Pete, in spite of your joking, and reading between the lines (it's what's NOT being said that makes me think this), I think that's exactly their line of thinking. I'm sure they'll get a better class of clientele on Facebook. Or not. *ahem*
Old 14th December 2012, 05:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
So, basically, Arrow built their rep via Cult Labs and the people on these forums and now they're too big and too important for us and have pissed off? Seems about right.

Am I bothered? Not at all. Good luck to them. I'm too big and too important for them as well.

With Second Sight and 88 Films also taking a slice of the UK genre pie, Arrow will need all the promotion they can get as they jostle in the marketplace with their competitors. Moving off Cult Labs was a bad move and makes way for the promoting of their competitors. I'm sure someone at Arrow thinks they know what they're doing, but they don't. Silly and damaging business decision. I know for a fact that most forums across the net get their Arrow info from these very forums, not Facebook - so that promotional avenue is likely to dry up rather sharpish and may (I stress may) cause a decline in sales.
Meet me round the back Dae and I'll give you your tenner!
Daemonia, Rik, Steel76 and 1 others like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th December 2012, 05:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Meet me round the back Dae and I'll give you your tenner!
last time I heard that I was left nakid and tied up,and they stole my wallet.
Old 14th December 2012, 05:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
last time I heard that I was left nakid and tied up,and they stole my wallet.
Reaper stole your wallet?
Daemonia and Steel76 like this.
Old 14th December 2012, 05:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And his trainers....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!