Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th July 2009, 11:02 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

The black and white gas mas cover looks so cool, I would definitely have to own that, whos kidding I buy dotd blue ray if it had a black cover with the title written in biro (thats not a money saving pitch by the way Almar).

Last edited by BioZombie; 17th July 2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 17th July 2009, 11:05 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Woop! two for the gasmask art Now if only I could convince everyone else
Old 17th July 2009, 11:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I like that one as well!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 17th July 2009, 11:26 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah I saw it used on the japanese laserdisc boxset and always wanted to see it used again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zb_all.jpg (67.5 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Stephen@Cult Labs; 17th July 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 17th July 2009, 04:35 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well apart from the disc based extras and a replica of the awesome artwork that will be commisioned,something like a set of rogers dog tags or even a monroeville mall t-shirt could could down a storm.Ooooooo even nicer,a boxset including stuff like that or even a figure like the helicopter zombie with sliced off head.I think most people though would just be happy with a top notch transfer and the poster.Oh,and the silhouette gasmask poster as the reverse artwork
Old 17th July 2009, 04:45 PM
Cultist in Training

Wasn't too sure on the 'gas-mask' cover at first. But the more I keep looking at the Jpegs, the more it's grown on me.
Only thing it has going against it, IMO, is that it reminds me a little too much of the Anchor Bay 'Crazies' cover.
Old 17th July 2009, 04:52 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah i don't think its one that most people would immediately choose and it doesn't sell the film really well but I do like it.I have feeling it won't be chosen as the reverse though.I think my wish is something akin to a certain film reaps would like released
Old 18th July 2009, 11:47 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Thanks for the ideas so far - keep 'em coming!

Ok so let's deal with all the various versions of the film. The only one with a new hi-def master is the theatrical cut. It would be quite possible to look into putting the others on as well in standard def so it's all in one neat package.
Sounds great to me, Almar!

Personally i own both the U.S. ultimate edition and the Italian 5 disc set as well as Arrow's DVD and a few other older releases. The idea of an HD theatrical cut with SD versions of the European and extended prints thrown in certainly appeals to me as i agree it would make a neat little package. The American cinema edit has always had the foremost treatment on DVD whereas the other cuts have always played second fiddle.

I also reckon that sooner or later ABUS will issue the ultimate edition on Blu-Ray as i believe there's no way we've seen the last of Romero's classic stateside. If they do, i'll be up for a copy but it would be nice if you guys beat everybody else to it!
Old 18th July 2009, 12:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Where bonus material is concerned i'd like to see all the commentaries and other extras ported over from the ABUS DVD set. I know some made their way to Arrow's last DVD release but it would be an advantage over the U.S. Blu-Ray edition if all three cuts were included along with their respective yap tracks. I also like to think Arrow could possibly deliver a superior HD print as i've heard that some ABUS Blu-Ray titles offer only a slightly upgraded or 'tweaked' version of the existing DVD release which imo isn't really what HD is all about.

Come on, Almar do us proud. You already know you've got many a buyer here!
Old 18th July 2009, 02:53 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

So no pressure eh? Well I don't think Arrow will be able to make all these respective dreams come true - it's worth bearing in mind that some extras never make it over because the DVD companies involved charge a crazy price so they can effectively keep them to themselves - not that I'm saying that's the case here but it's a reason why you don't see everything come over.

Like this? Share it using the links below!