Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2009, 03:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Anything in the works regarding Belfast Calum.?
Our good City has over the past few years added a International Blues fest, plus many other high profile events, but the only big film event is the Queens film fest and although its well supported , and brings some great films that wouldn't normally hit the multi plex, it does'nt really cater for the Horror fan.
The QFT is a great venue that would be ideal for events similar to what you've run so far.

Last edited by vipco; 28th October 2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 28th October 2009, 03:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

If you can set it up for us then it's a possibility. The hope is to extend these tours...
Old 28th October 2009, 05:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I live within walking distance to Queens, (Sandy Row) so if you could even PM me or email me (Almar has my addy) with what you would have in mind, and your contact email for them to get in touch , i'd gladly bring it to they're attention.
There would'nt be no problem getting to see whoever's responsible for the QFT events as my father worked 20 odd years in Queens, and my late Mother worked there also, as a cleaner in the QFT .
Old 28th October 2009, 05:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'll be in touch as our next event begins to take shape mate!
Old 28th October 2009, 06:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I'd be up for helping out where I can in relation to anything happening in Belfast, and I dare say a friend of mine would be up for it too.
Old 29th October 2009, 01:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I went to both screenings and Edinburgh one was good. They showed the Argento cut of Dawn. Ken's q&a went on and on and on! Calum had to try and drag him off the stage! Joe Pilato turned up about 10 mins into Day and delivered a very funny intro.
I missed his q&a (had to go and sober up!) but from what i heard he got it spot on.
The After party was a lot of fun. Ken and Joe seemed like nice guys as did Alex from Arrow, Who listened to all my drunken suggestions for future Arrow releases (Nightmare in a Damaged Brain uncut? Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeee!) I also met forum memeber Ashton Lamont who showed me his very impressive artwork.

The glasgow screening was a lot of fun and i felt the audience got into it a bit more. Ken and Joe returned for the Q&A with Ken actually talking about Dawn this time. Joe's Q&A was brilliant, way better than Ken's.

Like the last event back in June the screening's were well organised and everyone was very friendly, and the actors were polite and answered any question. I'll definitely be going back for another!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 12th November 2009, 05:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

For anyone interested Ken's Q and A from Glasgow has been posted on youtube (or rather it had been posted a while ago and I never knew until today!).

And if you watch part four you can see him strangle the life out of me! (He *had* to stay within the 25 minute time limit given to him!). A good night was had by all in Glasgow - in fact, it may have been the best audience of the entire tour!

Here's a clip from Horrothon Dublin with Joe Pilato (who kindly opened my bottle of water for me.... weakly old me couldn't manage it!)

Old 17th November 2009, 11:28 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

Belated Glasgow Q&A write up http://tiny.cc/moqdo over at DVD Trash!
Old 18th November 2009, 11:59 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Cool write-up - thanks for sharing that - New York sounded great too.
Old 18th November 2009, 12:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Yeah thanks for that Nick! The Glasgow night was just incredible - never seen so many people so up for a great time! The feedback that night was humbling and £10 to see two horror legends speak at length was a bargain in a half!

Now... onwards and upwards to the next 'un!

Like this? Share it using the links below!