Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th September 2010, 07:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I posted a while ago about the fuzzyness or grain on the Bluray being quite disappointing. But as that was the first time I had seen the film I couldn't compare. I watched the film on the horror channel last night and I have to say that I enjoyed it more because it didn't have any grain. Does the dvd version suffer from grain, or just the Bluray? Does Inferno or any other Arrow bluray suffer from this much grain? There are some good bits of picture on the Bluray but most of them are spoiled by the sheer fuzzyness. Anyone agree/disagree?
I have to disagree. Old movies are going to get grain because of the print used at the time. If you have to take out the grain, you to apply some filter in the image and I don´t like twikering. I prefer to see the movie has it was originaly filmed. Take the example of Ghostbuster and American Werewolf In London, both of them have grain but that was the way they were filmed. If you put some filters, you will take out the grain but lose the original definition of the image.
Old 27th September 2010, 08:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I have seen films with grain that were great looking. I just feel that there is alot in this film. Hey maybe I sit to close to my tv in my room?

Random question: who is Charles Hamm(name on the grave)?
Old 27th September 2010, 09:07 PM
Cultist

Either you sit too close to the screen or your tv is not so good. When i saw the BD of City of the living dead, yes it was grainy, but i have no problem with that at the position i sit when i watch films.
Old 27th September 2010, 09:09 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
I have seen films with grain that were great looking. I just feel that there is alot in this film. Hey maybe I sit to close to my tv in my room?
Out of interest, which settings do you use on your tv? On mine, if I use any of the presets (Sports, standard, game, etc) it looks terrible. If the sharpness is set to anything above 0 or 1 it starts getting intrusive.
Old 28th September 2010, 04:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBo View Post
Either you sit too close to the screen or your tv is not so good. When i saw the BD of City of the living dead, yes it was grainy, but i have no problem with that at the position i sit when i watch films.
My tv is awsome Kidding, in my room I am maybe 4 feet from my tv so this could be the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
Out of interest, which settings do you use on your tv? On mine, if I use any of the presets (Sports, standard, game, etc) it looks terrible. If the sharpness is set to anything above 0 or 1 it starts getting intrusive.
I have my tv st to standard mode. I'll have to try the sharpness settings etc. See my tv is my pc monitor as well. So I set it up for my pc and just so happens my ps3 etc looks good. So adjusting some settings for watching movies may be required. Thanks
Old 29th September 2010, 02:29 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I posted a while ago about the fuzzyness or grain on the Bluray being quite disappointing. But as that was the first time I had seen the film I couldn't compare. I watched the film on the horror channel last night and I have to say that I enjoyed it more because it didn't have any grain.
I watched some of COTLD on the horror channel and I thought the print used looked almost identical to my Arrow DVD.
Old 29th September 2010, 10:12 AM
Cult Rookie

Hi, Second time reader, first time writer.

Got a delivery from the postman this morning from Amazon.uk (I'm from Australia so it has been a 2 week wait).
In the package was "City Of The Living Dead", "Day of the Dea", and "Inferno"; all in Bluray.

I'm happy.

I watched COTLD, with both commentaries which i really enjoyed. Then i go to "Extra Features". Select "Theatrical Trailer"

I can't believe this!!!

I have the option to watch the "Theatrical Trailer" in:
English Dolby Digital Mono &
English Dolby Digital Stereo &
English DTS-HD 5.1 Surround Sound &
English DTS-HD 7.1 Surround Sound &
Italian Dolby Digital Mono &, in
Italian Dolby Digital Stereo

God Bless Arrow Video.

Everybody!!!
Old 29th September 2010, 12:49 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Please let us know on the extras front what you liked or even disliked!! We want to make sure we keep providing the goods on these!
I think Arrow Video is a great compay with their Blu-ray releases. I really like the slip case, booklet and posters that are included, however, i dont know what to do with their art posters, don't get me wrong, they look great.

The special features on the discs is a major reason why i prefer the Arrow Video releases with others (Blue Underground). Also, I know that this isn't a major reason to get the AV version, but the Credit Opening look great; professional, high quality, and it looks like some time has been put into it.

However, the presentation of interviews presented in the featuretts look amature and cheap - not all, but 95% of them ("Dame of the Dead" looks really nice, but "Carlo of the Living dead" looks like something that was put together in 2 minutes). This is the only negative presentation of a great release.

I look forward to more Arrow Video Blu-ray releases (i have 4; City of the Living Dead, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Inferno). You guys/gals are doing and awsome job, and i wish you guys success.

Norbie
Old 29th September 2010, 01:17 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Naomi will kill you for that.

Arrow, and myself, thought that really added something.
I'll say it again - I LOVE THE ANIMATION BITS!!

They do add something.
Old 29th September 2010, 02:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbie View Post

However, the presentation of interviews presented in the featuretts look amature and cheap - not all, but 95% of them ("Dame of the Dead" looks really nice, but "Carlo of the Living dead" looks like something that was put together in 2 minutes). This is the only negative presentation of a great release.

Norbie
I'm not really sure what the complaint here is about?

If we had the time and expense to hire out Pinewood to do these you might get a flashier look but the quality would be the same. And two mins to do these? We wish.

There really is no pleasing some people is there? We had three days in Rome to do this package. I don't see anyone else giving you packages like this for these movies.

Last edited by Calum; 29th September 2010 at 06:36 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!