LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th April 2010, 12:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs View Post
DAY OF THE DEAD IS OUT NOW ON BLU-RAY.

Check out the review at DVD OUTSIDER
A great review there - top reviewer that.

But he's wrong about something: this most certainly was shot on HD. We shoot all our stuff on HD. The sweat you can see on Pilato's lip and brow during Joe of the Dead (as the lighting starts to take effect!) would not be picked up in that sort of detail by an SD camera!

Just wanted to make that clear as it is an excellent review.

Last edited by Calum; 5th April 2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 5th April 2010, 01:30 PM
Active Cultist

Just got back from Newcastle, Went for DOTD and NONE IN STOCK... They don't have it until Monday next week according to the guy, However i can buy it online Quicker. Yet another wasted trip for nothing

My Diary & Purchase Collection page: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318577
Old 5th April 2010, 03:06 PM
Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
A great review there - top reviewer that.

But he's wrong about something: this most certainly was shot on HD. We shoot all our stuff on HD. The sweat you can see on Pilato's lip and brow during Joe of the Dead (as the lighting starts to take effect!) would not be picked up in that sort of detail by an SD camera!

Just wanted to make that clear as it is an excellent review.
Really don't understand how one could not realise the extras were in HD, it's blindingly obvious. I couldn't believe how good it all looked. Anyway if your equipment is all set up correctly, it should tell you if its 1080 or not!

Apart from that a really nice review!
Old 5th April 2010, 05:31 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The extras Calum and Naomi shot are encoded in MPEG-4 AVC 1080p. They're HD, it's obvious! If they weren't, they'd be in MPEG2 format.

My review has been submitted and I'm (im)patiently waiting for the webmaster to post it up!

I will say this: it's an absolutely stupendous package and really deserves to sell well. I feel that strongly about it that, even having had review discs, I've ordered a copy too. Releases like this deserve to be supported!
Old 5th April 2010, 07:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
The extras Calum and Naomi shot are encoded in MPEG-4 AVC 1080p. They're HD, it's obvious! If they weren't, they'd be in MPEG2 format.

My review has been submitted and I'm (im)patiently waiting for the webmaster to post it up!

I will say this: it's an absolutely stupendous package and really deserves to sell well. I feel that strongly about it that, even having had review discs, I've ordered a copy too. Releases like this deserve to be supported!
Thanks mate, much appreciated (and thanks for also pointing out the HD confusion!) and look forward to that review!!
Old 5th April 2010, 08:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Does anyone know why the Romero commentary from the US version is missing. Was it down to cost?
Old 6th April 2010, 08:29 AM
Cult Rookie

Smile awesome

i already have the two-disc on dvd of this but i'm still going to buy this one.i bought DOTD the other day and its fantastic even though i already had it on dvd.now my romero movies are all kept together and then all my arrow video titles are kept together.so that mean's these blu rays are with the dvds now that seems odd. but i like my shit to be togerther.anyways i cant wait.for this.

p.s - anyone know if there going to do night of the living dead
Old 6th April 2010, 09:19 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Night is a tricky one as no one company owns the rights and therefore it's deemed not worth splashing out the money to try and create something truly special. It has been discussed though.
Old 6th April 2010, 10:02 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Night is a tricky one as no one company owns the rights and therefore it's deemed not worth splashing out the money to try and create something truly special. It has been discussed though.
thats kind of dissapointing.i really hope they do because on the night of the living dead dvd's theres no extra's and that kind of pisses me off
Old 6th April 2010, 10:04 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Never say never - it has been discussed - the problem lies in that it's hard to make a clear campaign for a title when lots of editions already exist but it is being considered but not unless something meaningful can be done.

Like this? Share it using the links below!