Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2010, 03:09 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I must say that I'm also not too fond of this artwork. That's not to say it's a bad painting, it's very good actually. However, I think it misrepresents the film somewhat. And you know what else? If I was out with the missus and saw this on sale I'd be embarrassed to pick this up as it looks too much like a skin-flick! I think the casual high-street buyer needs to be considered here.

Aside from all that, the film's called Inferno - it needs fiery artwork, not watery. And not that I'm against nudity, but in a film that boasts virtually nothing in the flesh department, it's a bit inappropriate. If this was D'Amato I'd say 'yes, good stuff.' But for Argento? No, I don't think so.
Old 27th April 2010, 03:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Good question!

Here is Rick's fantasy take on the underwater scene in Inferno complete with lettering done by the lovely people at Aitch:

I'm somewhat in love with this artwork - what say the rest of you?

Not the kind of cover I'd expected, but it does make me want to revisit the flick asap as I can't remember spotting the big arse in the under water scene last time around

Seriously though. If the reverse featured the classic skull artwork, I wouldn't have the slightest problems with this cover version.
Old 27th April 2010, 03:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tinto Brass would love that artwork

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 27th April 2010, 03:48 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Aside from all that, the film's called Inferno - it needs fiery artwork, not watery. And not that I'm against nudity, but in a film that boasts virtually nothing in the flesh department, it's a bit inappropriate. If this was D'Amato I'd say 'yes, good stuff.' But for Argento? No, I don't think so.
Fully agree.
Old 27th April 2010, 03:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Tinto Brass would love that artwork
lol! definitely a Frivolous Lola thing going on

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 27th April 2010, 04:08 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
lol! definitely a Frivolous Lola thing going on
Arrow presents Inferno by Dario Arse-gento.
Old 27th April 2010, 04:16 PM
Ex-member

I like the idea of doing an homage to the water scene because it's such a great section of the film but this doesn't work. The keys are the only thing I like. A montage of classic images would be better. Miracle under water with the keys, skull/fire, McCloskey in the doorway, Miracle w/killer's hands on her face. If you're gonna pick one particular scene, you can't stray this far.
Old 27th April 2010, 04:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Can't say I liked the cover either.
Old 27th April 2010, 05:35 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I must say that I'm also not too fond of this artwork. That's not to say it's a bad painting, it's very good actually. However, I think it misrepresents the film somewhat. And you know what else? If I was out with the missus and saw this on sale I'd be embarrassed to pick this up as it looks too much like a skin-flick! I think the casual high-street buyer needs to be considered here.

Agree completly with you there Daemonia! That was the reason why it took me so long to get all the Shameless films. The nudity on the covers. Going into HMV and taking these to the counter can be quite embarrasing.

Gore, blood and guts on the other hand isn't embarrasing AT ALL. In fact, covers with gore EVERYWHERE is a sort of honour. A sort of 'Look at me watching these disturbing films! You couldn't handle this!" If you know what I mean. Which is why the Macabre cover is one of my favs of Rick's.

As for this Inferno cover, well I've never actually seen this film. SHAME, SHAME, SHAME ON ME! So, I can't really comment though it does look very sleazy.
Old 27th April 2010, 05:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

I like the cover but like Kyle have never seen the film so probably not best judge. I will be buying this and slapping it in as quick as possible to remedy this!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!