Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2011, 10:00 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
BF2 is non-anamorphic widescreen. The 16:9 is the screen ratio. I know it's confusing, as nowadays 16:9 tends to be used to describe anamorphic dvds.
I thought 16:9 was specific to how the film was displayed on your TV? Surely, the ratio for the actual film would be 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 etc? It's the difference between TV ratio and film ratio, or so I thought. I don't recall any film I've ever looked up as actually being shot in 16:9, always 1.85:1 etc, always a film ratio rather than a TV ratio. Anyway, that aside, the BF2 DVD clearly states that it's presented in 4:3 format.
Old 8th March 2011, 10:08 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by haz1987 View Post
the dvd addition of this is great thank you arrow! great 80's awesomeness
Nice avatar!
Old 8th March 2011, 10:14 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I thought 16:9 was specific to how the film was displayed on your TV? Surely, the ratio for the actual film would be 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 etc? It's the difference between TV ratio and film ratio, or so I thought. I don't recall any film I've ever looked up as actually being shot in 16:9, always 1.85:1 etc, always a film ratio rather than a TV ratio. Anyway, that aside, the BF2 DVD clearly states that it's presented in 4:3 format.
16:9 is, as I understand it, a shorthand way of saying 1.78:1 as they are basically the same ratio. If you asked someone if their TV was 1.33:1 or 1.78:1, I imagine they would look at you strangely but, if you asked if it was 4:3 or 16:9, they'd be able to give you an answer!

It is extremely unusual for anything made recently to be letterboxed, no matter what widescreen ratio in which it has been shot, but some distribution companies don't have the money to go through the process and make sure the DVD will have an anamorphic picture.
Old 8th March 2011, 10:51 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I dont really mind non anamorphic. Most Blus are non anamorphic anyway

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 8th March 2011, 11:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I've seen the famous (?) ladder scene, plus have seen her all PVC'd up as cat woman in Batman Returns... But still she does nothing for me!
How come her in the Catwoman suit does nothing for you???

Beats Mrs. Berry by a mile...
Old 8th March 2011, 05:54 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I gave my VAMP blu-ray a spin last night, and enjoyed every second of it. The last time I saw it was when it was released on VHS. After watching the film, I watched the interview with Dedee Pfeiffer, who still looks amazing 25 years later.
Old 11th March 2011, 05:47 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Finally finished all the extras on the Vamp disc today. Richard Wenk's short film, Dracula Bites The Big Apple was fantastic. Who would have thought Dracula could sing so well Although I'm a sucker for a good commentary, it's something I've not done in a while, but the one on Vamp was pretty good stuff. it was great to hear Robert Rusler talking not only about Vamp, but Weird Science, Nightmare On Elm Street Part 2 and even Shag. All ably moderated (if that's the right word) by Calum Waddell.
Old 12th March 2011, 12:26 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Finally finished all the extras on the Vamp disc today. Richard Wenk's short film, Dracula Bites The Big Apple was fantastic. Who would have thought Dracula could sing so well Although I'm a sucker for a good commentary, it's something I've not done in a while, but the one on Vamp was pretty good stuff. it was great to hear Robert Rusler talking not only about Vamp, but Weird Science, Nightmare On Elm Street Part 2 and even Shag. All ably moderated (if that's the right word) by Calum Waddell.
Thanks Stephen - very kind of you! I hope everyone will excuse me posting this, but Richard Wenk got in touch with us yesterday and had some very nice things to say about the Arrow Video release:

"And for the record, a friend ordered a copy and I watched it the other night. I have to tell you what a fantastic job you did. It was truly wonderful. The care, insight and creativeness was remarkable. I was both proud and astounded. The extras were enlightening, funny and rewarding. Honestly the best packaging I've ever seen - and not because it was my film. So bravo to you and your co-workers. A job exceedingly well done!"

Obviously we're really flattered and pleased by this! Keep the feedback coming if you liked VAMP!
Old 12th March 2011, 12:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Thanks Stephen - very kind of you! I hope everyone will excuse me posting this, but Richard Wenk got in touch with us yesterday and had some very nice things to say about the Arrow Video release:

"And for the record, a friend ordered a copy and I watched it the other night. I have to tell you what a fantastic job you did. It was truly wonderful. The care, insight and creativeness was remarkable. I was both proud and astounded. The extras were enlightening, funny and rewarding. Honestly the best packaging I've ever seen - and not because it was my film. So bravo to you and your co-workers. A job exceedingly well done!"

Obviously we're really flattered and pleased by this! Keep the feedback coming if you liked VAMP!
Liked Vamp?, Loved Vamp!

What a lovely message from Richard too. I'm sure comments like that make all your hard work worthwhile

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 12th March 2011, 01:20 PM
Cultist

Kudos on pleasing Mr Wenk! I was also extremely pleased with Vamp, especially having never seen it before. Pure quality!

Like this? Share it using the links below!