LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th February 2011, 07:32 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'm sure you'll be able to get it cheaper than £15.99. That will be the recommended retail price.
That's true. I don't know of any DVD/BDs that I have bought on the day of release or within the first week that have been anywhere close to the RRP. In any case, there is a difference between the RRP and the DLP (Dealer Listing Price).
Old 26th February 2011, 12:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I'm not a big Brian Yuzna fan to be honest and while there's no denying Arrow's usual exemplary expense and effort has been made with the FFP box set i won't be buying this release.
Old 28th February 2011, 07:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Pre-order link for Amazon is up now. £37.49

The Fantastic Factory Collection Arrow Video DVD: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

They also the other three listed for separate release too over May and June for £11.99 each.
Old 28th February 2011, 11:58 PM
Active Cultist

i absolutely love me some yuzna, so of course i already own faust and beyond re animator...might have to give this set a miss, unless there will be a big improvement over the previous uk dvds?
i really think arrow should go after bride of re animator at some point, the pioneer dvd is i think the only decent release of it and it's way oop and selling for silly money. i wouldnt say no to an uncut dentist 2 either, or necronomicon, or dolls. would be lovely to complete my little yuzna/gordan collection!

ps. regarding faust: SHAKY METAL CLAWS FOR THE WIN!
Old 1st March 2011, 12:51 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Pre-order link for Amazon is up now. £37.49

The Fantastic Factory Collection Arrow Video DVD: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

They also the other three listed for separate release too over May and June for £11.99 each.
Little too pricey for me. I'm gonna wait for a better price on this one, especially as I already own 2 of the movies.
Old 1st March 2011, 12:55 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'd love a new Bride release too. I have the Pioneer and you'd have to buy two other separate releases to even come close and still be without the commentary but it's very long in the tooth and could be well improved upon PQ wise now I imagine, even just on dvd.

If Arrow do ever get hold of it, can someone PM me months before they announce it so I can still sell my Pioneer for silly money?
Old 1st March 2011, 01:05 PM
Active Cultist

ah, seems i'm wrong on the pioneer, it's just the only release with both rated and unrated versions. and who needs the rated version?
i've only ever seen an old uk vhs of bride, i remember being dissapointed, but looking at shots from the unrated version it looks like another proper yuzna gore fest! i've got to get hold of it at some point. come on uk!
Old 1st March 2011, 02:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've heard there is very little difference between the cut R-rated and unrated versions of Bride of Re-Animator.The old UK Medusa VHS (under the title, Re-Animator 2) was the full R-rated version with no further BBFC cuts.
Old 1st March 2011, 02:54 PM
Active Cultist

check the difference here..

Bride of Re-Animator (Comparison: R-Rated - Unrated) - Movie-Censorship.com

alot of it is just showing a few extra frames and the slightly brighter colour makes the reds look a lot more visceral, but i think this kind of thing makes alot of difference, making the gore more vivid and impactful, giving the film more character. like the directors' cut of from beyond it's only a few seconds really but it does make a difference overall.
Old 1st March 2011, 07:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Both American releases of Bride are the Unrated version.

What´s lacking in the US market is the R-Rated version but who would want that if we have the Unrated one?

Sadly, the version with extras is the one that is out of print.

Like this? Share it using the links below!