Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th March 2011, 07:51 PM
Ex-member

Arrow PLEASE get this right and lay low on the DNR. It can be done. The French have done it. I'm looking forward to this. Prove you can release a dynamite Blu!
Old 28th March 2011, 09:47 PM
Cultist in Training

I just want to know if this edition is contains the footage other releases are missing...

I've never owned this before, and would love to know! .. If anyone can stop "debating" over audio for a second.. anyone with information on this, that'd be great.

I'm down for this release regardless. I too want everything I buy to be the definitive version.. but how long would that last anyways? I'm a huge fan of blue underground and (more recently) a huge fan of arrows also. I don't mind supporting both companies. Like I've read over and over.. It's my money, and I'll spend it how I choose. And I choose to be choosey, and split my money between arrow and BU.
Old 30th March 2011, 04:58 AM
Cult Rookie

All of the DVDs in the last several years - Dutch, Japanese, French and so on - have been 100% complete and uncut. Only the old Roan Group LD master which was recycled several years back is missing any footage. (I hesitate to say "censored" since it was apparently cut by a mistake!)

In other words, Arrow would have to be upscaling the LD master for this Blu-ray to be cut. I guess stranger things have happened, but I think it'll be fine.
Old 30th March 2011, 05:54 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'enfant Errant View Post
All of the DVDs in the last several years - Dutch, Japanese, French and so on - have been 100% complete and uncut. Only the old Roan Group LD master which was recycled several years back is missing any footage. (I hesitate to say "censored" since it was apparently cut by a mistake!)

In other words, Arrow would have to be upscaling the LD master for this Blu-ray to be cut. I guess stranger things have happened, but I think it'll be fine.
He´s talking about the "missing" snippets... only some DVDs (dutch, japanese...) and one blu-ray (French) have this scenes intact.
Old 30th March 2011, 06:52 AM
Cult Rookie

I know what he's asking, but may not have been clear in my answer. Anything before the remastered Japanese DVD was based on the Roan Group restoration, and I think the last DVD to use that cut print was the "Anchor Bay Collection" (it's just upscaled and has some DVNR).

Here's the thing, though: Arrow's doing a Blu-ray, so they can't be using the standard definition Roan Group master. The remastered versions are all complete, so there's no reason for the footage to be missing on Arrow's release.
Old 30th March 2011, 08:55 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'enfant Errant View Post
I know what he's asking, but may not have been clear in my answer. Anything before the remastered Japanese DVD was based on the Roan Group restoration, and I think the last DVD to use that cut print was the "Anchor Bay Collection" (it's just upscaled and has some DVNR).

Here's the thing, though: Arrow's doing a Blu-ray, so they can't be using the standard definition Roan Group master. The remastered versions are all complete, so there's no reason for the footage to be missing on Arrow's release.
Excellent. Thank you.
Old 30th March 2011, 08:56 PM
Cultist in Training

Preorder time.
Old 31st March 2011, 11:35 AM
Active Cultist

It was passed uncut by the BBFC a few months ago. So assuming Arrow have used a complete print without the few seconds of negative damage that have plagued other releases then we should be getting the full thing!
Old 31st March 2011, 12:07 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
It was passed uncut by the BBFC a few months ago. So assuming Arrow have used a complete print without the few seconds of negative damage that have plagued other releases then we should be getting the full thing!
The Roan/Anchor Bay version was not a print with damage. It was a composite from three 35mm prints.
Old 31st March 2011, 01:32 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
Again, excellent. Love to get some confirmation from someone at arrow on that. Regardless, can't wait!
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!