Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th July 2011, 02:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Part of me wonders, as i haven't bought the Beyond on Arrow yet if i would actually prefer the b&w version. I have the Anchor Bay dvd. The sepia sequences always remind me of trying to watch old bootlegged copies of the film in the eighties trying to make out what was happening through the distorted muddy colours.
Old 28th July 2011, 03:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
How long does it usually take to get the disc because I'm wondering when to expect mine?
They usually arrive within a week, but occasionally take a bit longer than that. How long have you been waiting?
Old 28th July 2011, 06:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I had ordered the BD either at play.com or at zavvi and did not have the time to watch it yet, but when I saw this thread, I checked and found out that I have the b/w version, can someone please summarize what I should do? Keep in mind that I am in Germany... Cheers!

EDit: No need to, found the info on page 1 I wonder why I skipped that before posting *LOL
Old 29th July 2011, 12:34 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
They usually arrive within a week, but occasionally take a bit longer than that. How long have you been waiting?
Been waiting since you told me to message you my details. I live in Australia so I don't know how much longer it'll take to get to me.
Old 29th July 2011, 01:09 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Since the announcement that The Beyond Replacement Program is coming to a close, there has been a huge surge in the number of people requesting replacements. As such, discs have run out earlier than anticipated. Arrow are able to make 25 finished copies available but this is now the FINAL CALL for swaps. Once the 25 are gone, the Replacement Program will have to close. The guys at Arrow are very sorry that it’s earlier than originally stated, but they could not anticipate the surge in people requiring replacements in the last few days.
Hmmm....I haven't got round to getting The Beyond yet, was going to order it next week. Now I'm not so sure. Don't want an incorrect disc that I can't get replaced. I know Arrow are saying to get the retailer to replace it, but I can just imagine the frustration of trying to explain to the retailer why it's faulty. As far as retailers are concerned, thay'll say that if the disc plays then it's not faulty, surely?

Decisions, decisions. Think I'll hold off a while from picking it up until it's a dead certainty that retailers only have the corrected disc in stock. Sorry to Arrow and all that, but I do wonder how many others will take the same attitude.
Old 29th July 2011, 08:16 AM
Seasoned Cultist

One more question: If you mailed the info Address, will they reply? Or will the disks just be sent? I know it is early to ask, I am just so incurably curious
Old 29th July 2011, 08:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Well funnily enough mine got to me in the mail today. Thank you very much!
Old 29th July 2011, 09:01 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
One more question: If you mailed the info Address, will they reply? Or will the disks just be sent? I know it is early to ask, I am just so incurably curious
I didn't receive a reply to my e-mail but the disc arrived in four or five days, so I wouldn't worry if you don't hear back from Arrow HQ -- they're probably very busy at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Well funnily enough mine got to me in the mail today. Thank you very much!
Glad to hear it, mate. Enjoy the movie!
Old 29th July 2011, 09:23 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Glad to hear it, mate. Enjoy the movie!
Currently watching it. It's great!
Old 29th July 2011, 09:24 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
I didn't receive a reply to my e-mail but the disc arrived in four or five days, so I wouldn't worry if you don't hear back from Arrow HQ -- they're probably very busy at the moment.
And guess what: I just got a reply from Laura and the issues are taken care of - excellent service!

Like this? Share it using the links below!